Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Finally getting to the point of installing bright work
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Type 47
super frustrating. I guess the body guys that installed this F'd up.
Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
The good news is it a small piece; did you source it from 914 Rubber -(hopefully)? How is the other side? beerchug.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 3 2022, 11:03 AM) *

The good news is it a small piece; did you source it from 914 Rubber -(hopefully)? How is the other side? beerchug.gif

other side is great. Yes, got it from 914 Rubber but 10 years ago.

I figured it was an installation issue, so I've already reordered.
Mikey914
Yes, it's the same material we are sourced in Germany. Fortunately, I have never seen any variation between rolls.

Yes, I made this mistake early on. As these are cut so trimming is minimal, you need to check the installation to the parts to install to assure they are covered. Easy to do if you haven't done this before.
-Mark
Type 47
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Dec 3 2022, 12:33 PM) *

Yes, it's the same material we are sourced in Germany. Fortunately, I have never seen any variation between rolls.

Yes, I made this mistake early on. As these are cut so trimming is minimal, you need to check the installation to the parts to install to assure they are covered. Easy to do if you haven't done this before.
-Mark

I've not done this before, that's why I had the paint guys do it. I've got my son, a seasoned technician helping so I'm sure he will have it covered.

Will we have to strip off the glue from the previous installation??
Mikey914
I'd say yes. I had to. I was able to use goof off but may depend on material you used. I think I used the 3M super 90.
mlindner
Could that be steamed and stretch out. Best, Mark
Mikey914
The material could be reused, but the problem is usually the glue from previous install makes it "lumpy"
Cairo94507
Yup- Mark is absolutely right. Better to order a new piece. This material is pretty tough, in my experience it will not stretch out and stay. Even when laid out flat and glued, it may shrink a little bit over time. beerchug.gif
Type 47
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 4 2022, 08:10 AM) *

Yup- Mark is absolutely right. Better to order a new piece. This material is pretty tough, in my experience it will not stretch out and stay. Even when laid out flat and glued, it may shrink a little bit over time. beerchug.gif

already ordered and was shipped on the 2nd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.