Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: BMW 320i calipers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
PatMc
Freshly rebuilt…cad plated, new pistons, bleeders, kits, etc.. These have has a bit of grinder work on ‘em for wheel clearance on an early car, but nothing that compromises the calipers.

These have not been machined to fit the late 914, but I can do that if needed.

$250 shipped obo

I have some virgins (no grinder work) at the plating shop now getting done if anyone want a nice set lol.
bdstone914
Pat,
Are they ground down on the mounting pads or elsewhere? If the mounting pads are stock fit 70-72 cars with pinch bolt struts. If the mounting pads are ground down .125" they fit 72-76 cars with taper pin struts.
Bruce
914werke
Bruce you can see that a PO had taken a grinder to the front caliper halves prior to plating
PatMc
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Dec 3 2022, 07:00 PM) *

Pat,
Are they ground down on the mounting pads or elsewhere? If the mounting pads are stock fit 70-72 cars with pinch bolt struts. If the mounting pads are ground down .125" they fit 72-76 cars with taper pin struts.
Bruce

Grinding is visible in the picture on the outer halves.

As stated, these have not been machined (or ground) to fit the later cars. I've seen a few sets on early cars that required come clearancing like this for the wheels...can't remember what wheels they were using though.
markhoward
These calipers were on a 72 with early struts running 2.0 fuchs with 1/4” spacers. Hope that helps.
PatMc
bump
BadToTheBown
QUOTE(PatMc @ Feb 2 2023, 07:41 AM) *

bump

I have a pair as yet unmodified if someone is looking to do their own that I will not be using now...cheap to a good home...
jpapatrout
QUOTE(BadToTheBown @ Feb 2 2023, 10:05 AM) *

QUOTE(PatMc @ Feb 2 2023, 07:41 AM) *

bump

I have a pair as yet unmodified if someone is looking to do their own that I will not be using now...cheap to a good home...

still available?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.