Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another run of GT lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mb911
Just an update. I have 14 sets with deposits we are at the point of no return if you will. Still have to finalize fittings as they priced out way more than we anticipated but working through that now
Mark Henry
Sent my deposit by PP, just put my name and what it's for in the notes.
Let me know if you need my shipping info at this time.

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 12 2023, 07:35 PM) *

Just an update. I have 14 sets with deposits we are at the point of no return if you will. Still have to finalize fittings as they priced out way more than we anticipated but working through that now

mb911
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Jan 22 2023, 01:16 PM) *

Sent my deposit by PP, just put my name and what it's for in the notes.
Let me know if you need my shipping info at this time.

QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 12 2023, 07:35 PM) *

No shipping just yet. Fittings are about 5 weeks and lines are about the same. Not sure on plating costs yet as I need them in hand 1st to have a good firm quote
mb911
Ok update. Oil lines are bent. They now need to ship to me for final fitting welding, testing, and plating for those wanting them. I will be looking for the balance to be paid very shortly. Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
That's going to be a whole lot of happy owners once the GT hard lines and oil coolers are installed.
horizontally-opposed
These are beautiful work, Ben. As always. Also love the thinking around 26mm vs 30mm.

Seeing the sets stacked up has me thinking about "completing the loop" to create a 911-style loop cooler for those of us with smaller sixes running within reasonable temps (180-210 F) and little interest in losing front trunk utility, lay-down spare, etc. Those loop coolers added significant oil capacity/heat sink, kept the trunk entirely intact, and worked well on a lot of 911s. I recall Bruce Anderson actually preferred loop coolers for many US use cases where you weren't running big speeds for cooling air as in Germany. Back roads, sitting in traffic, autocross, etc.

How hard would it be? And can you imagine a loop (or two?) that makes sense whether in the wheel well(s) or under the front trunk, behind the spoiler? I am running an LE spoiler, and it seems like there's space behind it. idea.gif

Terrible idea? Of course, it would come down to whether there others who might be interested in something like this?
mb911
QUOTE(horizontally-opposed @ Mar 17 2023, 07:47 AM) *

These are beautiful work, Ben. As always. Also love the thinking around 26mm vs 30mm.

Seeing the sets stacked up has me thinking about "completing the loop" to create a 911-style loop cooler for those of us with smaller sixes running within reasonable temps (180-210 F) and little interest in losing front trunk utility, lay-down spare, etc. Those loop coolers added significant oil capacity/heat sink, kept the trunk entirely intact, and worked well on a lot of 911s. I recall Bruce Anderson actually preferred loop coolers for many US use cases where you weren't running big speeds for cooling air as in Germany. Back roads, sitting in traffic, autocross, etc.

How hard would it be? And can you imagine a loop (or two?) that makes sense whether in the wheel well(s) or under the front trunk, behind the spoiler? I am running an LE spoiler, and it seems like there's space behind it. idea.gif

Terrible idea? Of course, it would come down to whether there others who might be interested in something like this?

The problem is these lines penetrate into the cabin of the car. It would be a total rewrite.
sixnotfour
PMB now offers a GT replica oil cooler..
https://pmbperformance.com/products/front-o...-models-1970-76
mb911
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Mar 19 2023, 11:14 AM) *

And these lines as well. We are partnering up on these
horizontally-opposed
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 18 2023, 05:03 AM) *

The problem is these lines penetrate into the cabin of the car. It would be a total rewrite.

^ Got it. Still beautiful work…

mb911
Just got word fittings are done now to get the lines in my hands
mb911
@Saladin
@targa72e
@Mark Henry
@T.Rick6
@PaulFV8
@Justinp71
@troth
@flyer86d

Your balance is now due. I will be welding fittings on starting next week. Please confirm fitting size. If you want plating that is extra and I don’t know how much that is yet but the balance is still due and we will figure out plating after the fact.
mb911
@racer914
@Beach914
@TMM914
@Graydingo
@BadToTheBown
@bahnzai
@markhoward
@TheDoubleS
@BillJ

Your balance is now due. I will be welding fittings on starting next week. Please confirm fitting size. If you want plating that is extra and I don’t know how much that is yet but the balance is still due and we will figure out plating after the fact.
racer914
Balance sent via PayPal. Thanks Ben!
bahnzai
balance sent via Paypal. I would like the 26mm fittings and the plating (for extra cost).
Thanks!
Danny
Graydingo
Balance sent via Paypal. I want the 30mm fittings and will pay extra for the plating. Would like yellow zinc if possible.
BillJ
Money sent. 30mm. Zinc plating
T.Rick6
Balance sent via P/P, 26mm plated please beerchug.gif

Todd
markhoward
Balance sent. Will want anodized option and most likely 26mm fittings. I assume hoses for 26mm fittings are not a problem to find but need to look into it. Info on where to source is appreciated.
mb911
Update just picked up 300 fittings today. Now it will happen much fasterClick to view attachment
mate914
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif
Matt
Optimusglen
Looking good! If I had any use for an oil cooler I'd be in line, as it sits I can get enough heat in the oil with just the case-mounted cooler.
mb911
1st set of lines are going to the plater tomorrow. I hope they will be done in a weekClick to view attachment
mb911
Just dropped off for plating. Cost is $100 per set. The first run will be done this week.
mb911
Here are some plated units Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
BillJ
Awesome! When can we get them?
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Apr 24 2023, 11:27 AM) *

Awesome! When can we get them?

Boxing tomorrow and hoping to get shipped out by Thursday. I will be contacting everyone about plating costs as they ship
mb911
These all have shipped now. Thanks again
BillJ
Will share some install pics!!
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ May 25 2023, 12:07 PM) *

Will share some install pics!!

Sounds good. The lead time will be much less moving forward
mb911
Anyone need a GT footwell cover? Click to view attachment
BillJ
Mine are in! Funny enough cut off the 30mm to.add AN 12. Of course...
saladin
Hello Ben,

Count me in for a GT footwell cover.

Ken
flyer86d
Ben,

I’ll go for a GT footwell cover.

Charlie
Luke M
Hi Ben,

I'll take a GT footwell cover.

PM or text me the payment info.

Thanks,

Luke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.