Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another run of GT lines?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mb911
Good morning everyone. I am trying to gauge interest in GT lines. I had 2 previous runs made and now looking at a 3rd run. Likely would do these in mild steel and yellow zinc plate them this go around as Stainless was over kill and 25% more than last time with no benefit really as the ends were steel anyway.

Thoughts?

T.Rick6
I'm in; been hounding you for the past year for a set; hopefully more will chime in so I can actually get a set for my factory 6. Thank you again for doing these! beerchug.gif

Todd
Cairo94507
I have a set of GT hard lines in my car and love them. If you are doing or planning on doing a 6 conversion, this is the way to go IMHO. Of course, Ben's stuff is top drawer. beerchug.gif
PaulFV8
I’m in for a set. Thanks
mb911
For reference here is what they looked like last time. As I said they were stainless but this go around mild steel. Even thinking of using a 26mm fitting instead of a 30. The 30mm hose doesn’t go into the front trunk easily.Click to view attachment
Cairo94507
Beautiful wub.gif
Justinp71

These give additional cooling over rubber lines correct? Any idea how much they help?
troth
I am almost too afraid to ask, but have you priced brass like the originals? Or is it a matter of sourcing the correct size tubing? I will be needing a set for my car to go with PMB’s new oil cooler replica.
mb911
QUOTE(troth @ Dec 7 2022, 02:30 PM) *

I am almost too afraid to ask, but have you priced brass like the originals? Or is it a matter of sourcing the correct size tubing? I will be needing a set for my car to go with PMB’s new oil cooler replica.

Brass is waaay to expensive. The stainless version were $650 a set a great deal at that. I would expect these depending on interest to be less then that and come zinc plated
flyer86d
Add me. I’m in!

Charlie
markhoward
Interested..
The Double S
I'm interested!
mepstein
QUOTE(Justinp71 @ Dec 7 2022, 05:16 PM) *

These give additional cooling over rubber lines correct? Any idea how much they help?

Maybe a little bit but they don’t really get airflow. I would use a good cooler. I already have a set for my next build. No regrets. Ben’s parts are always worth the money.
BillJ
Ben. Can never say no to your work. Timing?
saladin
Hello Ben,

Interested as this will likely be my plan B.

Thanks,

Ken
targa72e
interested as well.

john
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Dec 7 2022, 07:06 PM) *

Ben. Can never say no to your work. Timing?

Would be about 6 weeks once I give the green light for the bender. It’s a substantial investment so want to make sure there is enough interest
racer914
I'd be interested too.
mb911
So 11 interested plus 2 others outside of the forum?
T.Rick6
Looks like it, that’s a decent amount of takers piratenanner.gif

If you figure out a price point and would like a deposit please let us know.

Thanks again for making another round of hard lines, not to sound snobby but I really really didn’t want to use rubber lines on my 6. beerchug.gif

Todd
Beach914
Im in
TMM914
Ben count me in for a set.
Thanks Todd
mb911
Sounds great. I am on short getaway with my wife early next week. Final decision will be late next week and then I will request a $100 deposit for all interested parties and of course final pricing. I don’t have a way to quote zinc plating without a finished part in hand so will just do final price without plating and then deal with plating for those interested once I have them in hand.

Any thoughts on 30, 26mm or AN fittings on these? Last time was 30 and that has its own issues as previously mentioned even though that is what the factory GT lines had.
Graydingo
Add me in for a set of lines. I like the idea of keeping the original 30mm fittings.
BadToTheBown
I'm interested as well....
mb911
Ok looks like we are getting to the magic number.
bahnzai
Ben,
Please put me down for a set too, and let me know when to send the deposit.
I guess I would vote for the 26mm or whatever will make this easier to run. I needed to bite the bullet and reroute my oil lines anyway…
Thanks!
Danny
Mark Henry
I'm in for a set, maybe 2 depending on price point.

I can't see the 26mm return line being an issue, basically it's a 1" or AN-16 size equivalent.
mb911
To be clear the 26mm fitting option would be the same size as the engine case fitting on a stock -6. The issue is I need to see if there are adapters out there like there are for the 30mm fittings.

mate914
Please put me in for one.

Matt
mepstein
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Dec 14 2022, 10:00 PM) *

I'm in for a set, maybe 2 depending on price point.

I can't see the 26mm return line being an issue, basically it's a 1" or AN-16 size equivalent.

Mark - You're back beerchug.gif
peteyd
I think I would like a set as well.

Pete
BillJ
Are these happening?
mb911
QUOTE(BillJ @ Jan 2 2023, 12:05 PM) *

Are these happening?

They will. I currently working on 2 different 914 projects out of state for customers. Should be done by this Friday and get rolling on this.
BillJ
Thanks a bunch. I am hoping to get them in time to install ahead of engine getting done by end of February (fingers crossed). Will need to know end fittings you landed on so i can source the right fittings.foe.the soft lines.
mb911
Ok we have semi finalized costs and pricing on this run will be $695. I will be pm’ing those that showed interest and how to put deposits down etc.
mb911
@racer914
@Beach914
@TMM914
@Graydingo
@BadToTheBown
@bahnzai
@markhoward
@TheDoubleS
@BillJ
@Saladin
@targa72e
@Mark Henry
@mate914
@petyd
@T.Rick6
@PaulFV8
@Justinp71
@troth
@flyer86d

I have sent PM's to all of you with the details. I appreciate your pateince with me on this this. it is a substantial undertaking to get another run of these done.

---
WARNING: Too many @ tags!
---
mb911
@Saladin
@targa72e
@Mark Henry
@mate914
@petyd
@T.Rick6
@PaulFV8
@Justinp71
@troth
@flyer86d
mb911
@racer914
@Beach914
@TMM914
@Graydingo
@BadToTheBown
@bahnzai
@markhoward
@TheDoubleS
@BillJ
bahnzai
Ben,
PM and Deposit is sent: my preference 914-6 GT hardlines, 26mm fittings, plated option
(if 26mm fittings becomes an issue, I will switch to 30mm)
Thanks!!
markhoward
Deposit sent
Long_ago
Yes I'd also like a set.
Ben please let me know how to get the deposit to you.
Thanks.
Cairo94507
@Long_Ago HB- great call. You will love the GT lines on your car. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Long_ago @ Jan 8 2023, 09:17 PM) *

Yes I'd also like a set.
Ben please let me know how to get the deposit to you.
Thanks.

PM sent
mb911
Well to say that deposit system went seamless couldn't be further from the truth. Some people sent money with no information. Then some sent PM's that I can't tie to the payments.

I sent everyone my email address could you please send me an email with your information so I can tie it to the payments.

PS we are only talking about half to people that were interested came forward with a deposit. Please email me with your intent so I can have the proper amount of parts machined and bent.

mb911
@Saladin
@targa72e
@Mark Henry
@mate914
@petyd
@T.Rick6
@PaulFV8
@Justinp71
@troth
@flyer86d

please see my last post
mb911
@racer914
@Beach914
@TMM914
@Graydingo
@BadToTheBown
@bahnzai
@markhoward
@TheDoubleS
@BillJ

Please see my second to last post.
Graydingo
Sent deposit, and an email with all info.

-Duane
sixnotfour
my preference 914-6 GT hardlines, 26mm fittings, Bare...
racer914
Deposit and information sent via PayPal. Thanks Ben!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.