Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: valve spring compressor needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfinegan
I need to pull the valves and double valve spring out of my T4 heads.(heads off engine) What spring compressors are people using and can recommend ?
Montreal914
popcorn[1].gif
brant
25 years ago...

we just made one.
a flat stock bar about 1.25 inches wide... with a fork tongue on the end to fit around the stem... ours bolts onto the rocker stand posts, when the rockers are removed.

Superhawk996
Similar

I use a giant c-clamp with a custom lathe turned end that allows me to fish out the keepers after the valve spring retainer has been compressed.

Any commercially available unit that is appropriately sized for automotive ought to do the trick.

Sorry - no picture quickly available
914sgofast2
Someone in the Samba.com Classifieds section sells a Type 4 valve spring compressor tool for around $90.
nathanxnathan
I've used style they say is for type 1 on type 4 heads plenty of times. It would be nice to have one that's similar to the factory style, as the bench top ones are bulky to store compared to the ones that bolt to the rocker studs.

IPB Image
barefoot
Got this on Amazon
I made a spacer to fit out retainer better & had to make an extension handle to get enough leverage even for stock single springs, but it worked fine.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.