Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone else have the kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tdgray
Does any other vendor have the vacuum hose kit like AA has. Ya know the one with all the supposed correct lengths and colors etc.

AND BEFORE YOU SCREAM... "just go out and measure the old ones and order them by length" PROBLEM BEING that I am missing a few and what is there looks as if the PO just used whatever was lying around. dry.gif

Thanks in advance as always smile.gif
Engman
Somewhere - I think its on the bird board - there is a list of the sizes and lengths needed. DD will hopefully chime in here - he did a lot of the info on this over there....

M
tdgray
Hmmm. I've seen the diagram but not with lengths...

Let me go look. Thanks M. wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 05:03 PM)
AND BEFORE YOU SCREAM... "just go out and measure the old ones and order them by length"

actually, i'll scream my usual scream: "did you do a search first?"

the thread from when someone asked before

searched for just what you wanted:

vacuum AND hose AND length AND color
tdgray
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 9 2005, 05:11 PM)
actually, i'll scream my usual scream: "did you do a search first?"

OK Sorry.... sheesh ya don't have to yell at me.

I thought I did that search already, obviously I didn't

You can slap.gif alfred.gif ar15.gif flipa.gif me now.

THANK YOU Rich...
tdgray
Well SH$T.

That thread is for a 2.0L.... look deep into my signature... I have a 1.7L

NEVER MIND
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 02:21 PM)
Well SH$T.

NEVER MIND

whose fault is it that you own a 1.7??? lol2.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 05:21 PM)

sorry, my cars have NO vacuum lines... just tryin' to help...
still - can they be that different?
all them 4's are pretty much alike anyway :-)
somebody here can probably sell you a 2,0 and then you'd be able to tell if you got all the right hoses.

or - there's always the Birdie Board.
i donno if the factory service manual even shows all this stuff, concisely, in one place...
tdgray
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 9 2005, 05:27 PM)
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 05:21 PM)

sorry, my cars have NO vacuum lines... just tryin' to help...
still - can they be that different?
all them 4's are pretty much alike anyway :-)
somebody here can probably sell you a 2,0 and then you'd be able to tell if you got all the right hoses.

or - there's always the Birdie Board.
i donno if the factory service manual even shows all this stuff, concisely, in one place...

No vacuum lines. WIERD

I am going to compare the diagrams. Must be some correlation. If I can figure it out I will post info.

Thanks Rich

OH and BTW... if someone wants to donate a good running 2.0 I will buy new vacuum line for it biggrin.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 05:30 PM)

sorry, my cars have NO vacuum lines......

No vacuum lines. WIERD

914.6 - no vacuum lines.
911E - no vacuum lines.
'53 1500N - no vacuum lines...
rhodyguy
try local vw shops, vw dealers,... hit the phone book.

k
qa1142
914ltd

Brad made up a kit for me - and no AA hangover
tdgray
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 9 2005, 06:06 PM)
QUOTE (tdgray @ Aug 9 2005, 05:30 PM)

sorry, my cars have NO vacuum lines......

No vacuum lines. WIERD

914.6 - no vacuum lines.
911E - no vacuum lines.
'53 1500N - no vacuum lines...

Ooh Ooh Rich what is the '53 1500 N - got pics?

swl
Todd,
Just put my AA kit in last week - too bad I could have measured for you. Still could if you want to go the measure and cut route. The bird diagram is much better than the AA one in the kit. Once I got myself oriented and realized I didn't have a decel valve everything was quite straight forward.. BTW the 'color' in the AA kit is basicly grey. The vacuum line is a nice green but that's about it. Oh - the 12mm lines have a gold line - on a grey background.
hmeeder
user posted image

user posted image
This photo of a 2.0 is a good one with the exception of the labeled MPS hose going into the fuel pressure regulator (what the hell were they thinking?). That should go onto a nipple that protrudes from the right side of the air distributor. The layout for the 1.7 is virtually identical (except the throttle body is laying on its side instide of sticking straight up.) Buy your hoses several inches too long and about once a year, chop a half inch off to maintain good vacuum seals.
tdgray
QUOTE (swl @ Aug 9 2005, 08:30 PM)
Todd,
Just put my AA kit in last week - too bad I could have measured for you. Still could if you want to go the measure and cut route. The bird diagram is much better than the AA one in the kit. Once I got myself oriented and realized I didn't have a decel valve everything was quite straight forward.. BTW the 'color' in the AA kit is basicly grey. The vacuum line is a nice green but that's about it. Oh - the 12mm lines have a gold line - on a grey background.

Dude....

Thats OK, I'm getting the idea that I need to make this a mission... save all the 1.7 crowd from AA and do the research.... will post later
tdgray
Thanks Herb,

I'll give it a go and let everyone know how it turns out.

markb
Call Dave at GPR, tell him what you have. He can get you the AA kit, and add whatever AA doesn't include. Best service I know of is thru Dave.
Allan
I have a stock 2.0 with a trillion (actually more like 15 or 16) hoses. I just got a diagram, bought what I thought would be enough in both size and length and went after it. I'm not too concerned about being color correct as I know it's all gonna end up black anyway...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.