Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The saddest day of my life
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Series9
Man, I'm so sorry.

My dad is a piece of shit, so always remember how lucky you are that you had a great relationship with yours.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Aug 9 2005, 07:03 PM)
Scott, I'm sorry about your dad. From what you said about him and the one time I met him he was a great person. If you need anything at all you know we're here for you.

Brandon, Lisa (and Rhonda)

i remember how highly you spoke of him, and all the stories you told me about him.

Best wishes and prayers from the Cox Family sad.gif
skline
I want to say thank you to everyone for the well wishes. Also thanks to the people who tried to call. I didnt answer the phone for a few reasons, one, I have a hard time talking, I am sure you all understand. This is really tough for me. When you picture how a perfect father and son relationship should be, me and my dad are right there. He and I did everything together when I was growing up. When I was little, I would go out and help him in the garage work on cars, motorcycles and anything mechanical. I helped him sand down and color sand a 62 Karman Ghia. We traveled all over the country in that car. We went fishing and hunting and camping together just him and I. It was always me and Dad. When he came down a few weeks ago he returned to me a 22 Remington Fieldmaster pump rifle that he gave me when I was 10. He got it when he was around 10 or so from his father. He had taken it a few years ago to have refinished. It is back here with me now where I will put it in my gun cabinet and perhaps pass it on to my son. He told me when he was here last that he wanted me to have all of his guns when he passes. I told him I would rather have him. My desktop is now the last picture of him and me when I went down there a year or so ago. It will remain my desktop from now on. We all know it will happen, maybe for some it already has, for those of you, I truly know how you feel now. This is a pain that nobody should ever have to go through. He died of Pnumonia. He had it when he was here and cut his visit short because he wasnt feeling well. There are so many emotions running through me right now. Anger, sadness, but the one I dont feel is remourse. There wasnt a time when I didnt tell him that I loved him so I knew he would know how I felt. I talked to my sister tonight and she is suffering from that. She never told him. If you have not told your parents lately, make it a point to do so soon, you just never know when the time is up. This is the picture that will forever be on my computer desktop. Again, thanks to everyone.
Duffster
Our condolences, man. good thoughts good thoughts good thoughts! be safe.
T H O M A S
i,m sorry scott, have a save trip
Elliot_Cannon
Very sorry for your loss Scott. I lost my Dad 22 years ago and still miss him.
Elliot
JB 914
Scott,

I only got to meet your dad back in 2003. i missed him on the last visit. sad.gif

you know my number if you need anything. me and the girls said a prayer for him tonight.

Trekkor
Scott, as you sit and think of all the good times you spent with the most important man in your life, please find comfort in the hope of the resurrection.

You can see him again... smile.gif

The pain you feel is what we would all be going through.
You are not alone.

Talk with your family and friends.

Again, find comfort.

Trekkor
Brent
Scott, My father came and visited me on my family for a couple hours on a Friday. He had a massive heart attack the following Tuesday and died 5 days later, back in November 2003. The one thing that kept me going was the pride that the last thing I said to my dad was "I love you, drive safe", as he had said to me many times before. I'm sure you had a similar experience.

Hang in there and remember the good times and especially the great conversations and advice only a father and son can share.
-Brent
redshift
QUOTE (skline @ Aug 10 2005, 01:22 AM)
It was always me and Dad.

Thanks for the stories, I have tears for ya, buddy.

Miles
VegasRacer
I am deeply sorry to hear of your loss Scott. I pray you will find peace in his passing. Be strong on your trip to Texas. Always make your Dad proud in your future actions.

Here's to Scott's Father. beerchug.gif
Thanks for raising such a great son.
SteveSr
Scott,I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dad 10 years ago and I think of him all of the time. He was an auto mechanic and now when I have problems with my vehicles I have no one to turn to......I miss him.
Godspeed............be safe on your way to Texas.

SteveSr
DNHunt
Scott

I am sorry to hear about your father. I lost my dad in 1998 and I still think about him everyday. It takes awhile but, the memories take on a real sweetness that I really cherish.

Dave
spunone
Hang in there Scott and just look back at all the good times you spent togeather .Take care
nynone4
Scott -

So sorry to hear of your loss. My dad is my best friend as welL, and I dread the day that we have to part ways. Hang in there - a lot of us are thinking about you.
GaroldShaffer
Scott,

Sorry to hear about your father, I know how you feel my Father passed 15 yrs ago. Always remember the good times. YOu and your family are in our thoughts.

Garold
sjhowitson
Scott,

Take comfort in that he is going to a better place. He will be looking in on you from time to time. You will feel his soul with you during hard times and during the best of times he will always be there.

God Bless you and your family.
mike_the_man
Scott, I'm very sorry to hear this. Your father is in a better place.

seanery
Scott, sorry to hear of your loss. This hits close to the heart for me. My dad passed April 16. It still hurts so bad. My dad was one of my best friends, we worked together and enjoyed some of the same hobbies. He's left a hole that won't easily be filled.

My thoughts are with you, if I can help let me know. Hang tough, but cry if you need to.
Lyressa Roberts
Hey Scott,

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers are with you and hang tough.
jimkelly
I am so sorry to hear about your loss. For some things in life there is unfortunately never a good time. Jim

Dan_F
My condolences to you and your family.
theol00
Scott,
sorry to hear about your loss - it is good and comforting to know that you were close with your dad. There is comfort in that.
ematulac
Condolences to you and your family, Scott. sad.gif

Take care and be safe.
spare time toys
Our heart goes out to you and your family. Let us know if there is anything we can do.
Rotary'14
The news of a family member passing is usually never welcome. You and your family have my condolences and prayers. sad.gif

MattR
Sorry to hear the news Scott, you always spoke so highly of him. Let me know if you need anything.
BMartin914
So sorry to hear the news Scott. Been there done that.

Hang in there and take care.

-ben
Ferg
Scott,
Very sorry to hear the news. Our thoughts are with you.
Ferg.
sean_v8_914
my thoughts are with you Scott. that is a tough one
CptTripps
Everyone has said it...but I will too.

I'm so sorry.

-Doug
d914
sorry for your loss, but thanks for the post......I called pop today just to say hi

Point well taken..again sorry for you lost I can only imagine how you feel..
John Kelly
Hi Scott,

I lost my dad in november and my mom in december. It is hard but most of the the sadness will gradually be replaced with the good things you remember about your dad. It sounds like you had one of the best parents one could hope for. I'm sorry for your loss. Take care.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
maf914
Scott, I am very sorry to hear about your father. My thoughts are with you.

This touches home as my mother is not in the best of health.
DonTraver
Sorry to hear about your dad.

Take Care, Don
Steve
Scott,

Sorry to hear about your loss.
I can only imagine what you are going through.
My Dad is also up in years and just got a pace maker.
I am also very close to my dad and I am not looking forward to the inevitable.
william harris
Scott: I know how you feel. I have lost both my parents and I still think about them every day. We are blessed with family and their passing leaves us alone in a complete and difficult way. May God watch over and protect you as you pass thru this dark passage in life. You will be in my thoughts.
jimtab
My condolences Scott, I lost my dad in 1964 but still have my mom...just focus on the long and close relationship you were lucky to have with him. Take care.
messix
my deepest sympathy.
yesterday was ten years since i lost my mom. my father was six months later.
i know the sorrow and pain that you feel. like people have said here the memories are such good medicine. what helped me during that time was going through just about all the photos from over the years, it brought out so much of the good times. i made a couple of photo boards to show the great times thru out my moms life for the memorial. best therapy for me at the time.

take care.
Troy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.