Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The saddest day of my life
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
skline
A few weeks ago my father, (The greatest man that ever lived and my best friend) came up to visit me from Texas where he was enjoying his retirement. He was an officer in the Navy for most of his life, he worked at PARC on the first computer systems and worked for Scientific Data Systems now known as Xerox for 27 years. He could do anything and everything. I just got a phone call from my step mom that he passed away this morning. I wont be around for awhile, I am heading down to Texas to say my last goodbyes to my best friend.
Jenny
Scott, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Take comfort in the fact that you two were close. At least you have no regrets about your relationship. Our condolences go out to you.

Take care,
Jenny
TimT
I lost my dad 25 years ago.. still think of him every day, he was my bestest friend...

Godspeed to him and just remember you and he just got a bit closer

redshift
I am so sorry, Scott.

I am glad to know that you were close with him, sounds like he had a big influence on you, as an example.. for sure.

Hard to lose a family member, and hard to lose a friend.

Peace, buddy. Be safe.

Miles
brant
Scott,

I want you to know that you are supported.
I'm so sorry for your loss
take care sir!

brant
TonyAKAVW
So sorry to hear the bad news Scott. Sounds like you have a lot of great memories of your father. Keep those memories in mind and share them with others. It will help a little. Jes and I send you and your family our best wishes.

-Tony
tdgray
Don't know what to say.

You're in my prayers man.
Jake Raby
My thoughts are with you.

My Dad is also my hero and has some major health problems and I know that day is coming soon, I don't know how I'll make it through it and don't even want to think about it.

Stay strong Scott, we have all read of your recent misfortune and only wish you the best in overcoming these trials- if you need anything, let us know.

Katmanken
Scott,

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. Dad's are special people and the loss can hit you hard.

Take care,

Ken
scotty914
well scott, what can i say, besides i feel for your loss.

go say good bye to your friend first, and your dad second. and he will live on in your mind because of your relationship.

may he rest in piece, he must have been a good man to make some one like you

love from teri and i
dekman
Scott.....very sorry to hear about you loss. Lost my Dad 6 yrs. ago and my Mom 3 months ago. It leaves a "hole" in you ... that gets filled by friends, family and lots of wonderful memories. robert d.
Dr. Roger
You know what they say about 914 drivers.

We are a driver of a special breed.

Sounds like you got it from your Dad...

Heart felt sympathy goes to you and yours.

Roger in Hercules, CA.
i love porsche
i am very sorry to hear that, you will be in my prayers
Mueller
Sorry to hear of your loss....

sad.gif
Stephane
Sorry to hear about your loss.

Stephane
scottb
scott,

losing a parent is always tough. keep the good thoughts and know you will see him again.

all my best.

scott
scruz914
Scott,

Sorry to hear about your loss. You are very lucky to have been so close to your Dad.

-Jeff
Maltese Falcon
Scott, our deepest condolences to you. I still can't find a place sometimes in my daily routine, since losing my Dad in January this year. I did put up lots of his pictures in my shop, and this really picks my spirits up wub.gif
Regards- Marty
Jeroen
Scott, I'm so sorry to here this... sad.gif

Have a safe trip to Texas and hang in there!
Carl
Best wishes, Scott. We share this loss with you.
bd1308
im sorry to hear that man....

i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
bondo
Sorry to hear about it! I don't really have anything to say that hasn't been said. We'll be here when you get back.
Engman
Sorry to hear of your loss. My prayers are with you.

M
anderssj
Scott,

Very sorry for your loss.

Take good care of yourself . . . .
jim912928
Scott, celebrate his life....it sounds like it was a good one.
Mrs. K
sad.gif Scott,
I am so very sorry to hear about your Dad! I know how much you loved and admired him!
Your sense of saddness and the empty spot in your heart will never go away...but will get better with time.
Lost my Dad 11 years ago and miss him every day!

Have a safe trip...you and your family are in my prayers.

Lisa
Joe Bob
Sorry to hear to hear it...have a safe trip and hug MOM for us....
flatout
So sorry for your loss, have safe trip to Texas and back.
Allan
I am really sorry to hear the news Scott.

Rose and I offer our sincerest condolences.
markb
Condolences from Marcie & I. Have a safe trip.
Lou W
Scott,
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad, My dad and best friend too, passed away in 1998, I don't think you ever get over it, just time makes it hurt less. Be thankful for the good times that you had with him, and knowing that he loved you too. that will keep you strong. Lou
MoveQik
Your family is in our thoughts.
tat2dphreak
I am so sorry to hear of your loss... godspeed to him, and my thoughts are with you and your family
Brando
Scott, I'm sorry about your dad. From what you said about him and the one time I met him he was a great person. If you need anything at all you know we're here for you.

Brandon, Lisa (and Rhonda)
type47fan
Scott,

So sorry to hear the news. As related before, celebrate your dad's life with your family and use the time together to reaffirm your bond with them.

Everyone,

We have no way of really knowing how many "ticks" we have left on our conscious clocks, so treat every day and everyone (or, at least, those who deserve it) as a gift!

Smiles,
SpecialK
What a year it's been for you, and some of the members of the club. Be strong Scott, we're all thinking of you and your family.
scotty b
sad.gif So sorry Scott. He's got an endless supply of curves with no speedlimit and no one else in sight driving.gif
aircooledboy
ugg........ sad.gif

I am so sorry.

If I offer any help of any kind, just say the word.
SGB
Just be the man he taught you to be- it will help you through this experience and celebrate the lessons learned from him all at the same time.
Alison Baker
Scott, Martin and I are thinking about you at this sad time.......Our prayers are with you and your family at this time
jonwatts
Please accept our condolences as well. Have a safe trip, we'll be here whenever you can get back.

Jon & Deanna

drew365
Scott; I'm sorry for your loss. Only time will heal the pain you're feeling. I have lots of my dads things around, tools, jewelry, TV. Not a day goes by I don't think of him. I kind of feel his spirit is in my garage when I use his tools. Makes it a little easier.
Scott Carlberg
Scott,
I'm very sorry to hear about your dad's passing.
May he rest in peace.
SLITS
My best to you and yours Scott. I wasn't around when my Dad went and got a phone call too. One of two worst days in my life.
Qarl
Skline...

I am VERY sorry for your loss. I am lucky to have both my parents alive. My father turns 60 next week, and I realize that my grandfather (his father) was only 59 when he passed away (from cancer).

I am grateful for the time we DO spend together.

Remember the good times with your father (sounds like they mostly were good times).

Thinking of you.

Qarl
mikelsr
I am very sorry to hear of the passing of your father. Our thoughts are with you and your family.
ThemWyatts
Thoughts and Prayers are with you during this difficult time.
Find comfort in knowing that you have wonderful friends to get you through this.

My Deepest Sympathy and Sincere Regards.
xitspd
I am deeply sorry to hear about your loss. You were the first member of the club that I met at Alan's light off party. On our way home that night my wife and I discussed how friendly you were and such a great host. Your Father must have been a wonderful man as well. It's true, that the apple does not fall too far from the tree.

God Bless you and your family.
rick 918-S
Scott,

We are sorry to read about your father. In time you will realize the real mark he left in this world and the way he has infuenced the way you think and feel.

I only knew my dad for a few short years but I think and act like him everyday.

Gint
I'm sorry Scott.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.