Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2023 Northeast Gathering Info Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
OrangeBones
Official 2023 Northeast Gathering Info Thread:

Email your pictures to ecc at 914world dot com.
Iphone users - charger right, speaker left for your pics to face the right way.
put what caption you want for your pic in the title.

Registration link:
https://form.jotform.com/231175784078161

We will use this tread to kick-off the NEG4 information and update it along the way. Hold the date as you won’t want to miss this year’s event.

First shout out to Big Len for kicking us off a few years ago and keeping this thing running. Now that he is out west, the baton has passed to the Philly Crew (The 914 Mob) but we expect to have a new hype video from Len soon.

DATES: June 23-25th

Location: Tannersville, PA in the Poconos with views of Camelback Mountain.

Hotel: The Chateau Resort 475 Camelback Road Tannersville, PA 18372.
Phone: 570-629-5900
Mention you are with the porsche club
Bi-level suites are 159
Regular rooms are 143
570-629-5900

https://www.chateauresort.com

Single or double occupancy -$143/night + 6% State Tax and 3% County Tax
Check in 4PM. Check out 11AM
Reservations after May 23 will be available based on space and rates will vary.

Nearby amenities: Barley Creek Brewing, The Crossings Premium Outlets, Dunkin Donuts, Ice Cream shops, CVS, Smugglers Cove.

https://www.poconomountains.com/plan-your-v...a/tannersville/

Details:

Friday we will kick off with a welcome at the hotel and hand out swag bags and register. That evening will be an optional drive up Mt. Pocono followed by dinner in the parking lot.
Saturday will be an epic drive through the Poconos and Delaware River Water Gap including spectacular views from the twisty Hawks Nest.
Lunch will be at a local brewery and then it’s back to the hotel for dinner and a raffle supported by our amazing sponsors and tech sessions.
Sunday we will have an optional drive to the Pocono Raceway through some amazing back roads.

Friday Event

4:00 Arrival, check in, event Registration
5:30: Dinner in parking lot
6:00: Drivers meeting
6:15: Drive to big pocono for photos
7:30: Drive back to hotel
7:45: Open Evening

Saturday Event
7:00 AM Breakfast at hotel buffet opens
8:30AM Drivers meeting
9:00AM Staging groups
9:30AM Wheels up
11:00AM Lunch at Wallenpaupack
12:00PM Wheels up
2:00PM Arrival at hotel
5:00PM BBQ dinner - conference room+ Keynote Speaker Rudy from Guys With Rides
6:00PM Tech Session 1-LED Tails
6:30PM Tech Session 2- Headlights install and aiming
6:00PM Raffle

Sunday Event
7:00 AM Breakfast at hotel buffet opens
11:00AM Checkout

Optional Sunday drive to Pocono Raceway
10:00AM Drivers meeting
10:30AM Wheels up
11:00AM Arrive -photos-part ways
Thanks
-Travis
Big Len
Sounds excellent. Great job.
StarBear
Put it on the calendar - in Sharpie!
Anything I can do to help (from NJ)?
BeatNavy
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jan 16 2023, 05:04 PM) *

Yeah, is there anything @StarBear can do to help? smile.gif

I know, make more beer! beer.gif

Excellent, news. Stroudsburg is a great location. Looking forward to getting back together with everyone.

Nice job, Travis.
BeatNavy
Also, "Len is out west." What does that mean? West Jersey?
930cabman
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 16 2023, 05:18 PM) *

Which exit?
StarBear
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 16 2023, 05:18 PM) *

As of FAR western NJ - as in NM!
StarBear
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 16 2023, 05:11 PM) *

Excellent, news. Stroudsburg is a great location. Looking forward to getting back together with everyone.

Nice job, Travis.

Actually gave it a thought, but transport is an issue without a second support vehicle. Can’t fit too much in a little teener. Would have to leave wife at home. Hmmmm - wife or beer….. huh.gif
Dion
Nice one Travis. Looking forward.
@BeatNavy Rob, BigLen, well he went real west, as in desert region! gunner.gif
MDTerp
Awesome! Thanks for stepping in Travis. And thanks to Len for all his work getting this going and organizing the events over the last few years.

Now I just need to figure out how to tell the wife I'll be hanging out with you guys on our anniversary.
emerygt350
Man, that's only a few hours from me. I have a gig on the 23rd and another on the 25th, but I might be able to just pop in on the 24th to say hi.
OrangeBones
1000% More beer3.gif I have my bottles in the shop on display.
OrangeBones
Sounds like a couples trip. Lots of honeymooners in the Poconos if that helps you sell it. Tony A wanted a room with the heart shaped hot tub…..sure we can find one.
wonkipop
QUOTE(StarBear @ Jan 16 2023, 06:49 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 16 2023, 05:11 PM) *

Nice job, Travis.

Actually gave it a thought, but transport is an issue without a second support vehicle. Can’t fit too much in a little teener. Would have to leave wife at home. Hmmmm - wife or beer….. huh.gif

bee hah.
rgalla9146

This is great news !
Big Props to Big Len and his crew for being the spark plugs behind this in past years.
Lets hope he and Linda can attend.
If you are within striking distance put this on your calendar.
Meet and get to know the 914 people from our region.
Relax with like minded friends and see more 914s on the road than you've seen in
years.
Join in !
Rory

TonyA
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Jan 16 2023, 10:33 PM) *

Sounds like a couples trip. Lots of honeymooners in the Poconos if that helps you sell it. Tony A wanted a room with the heart shaped hot tub…..sure we can find one.

Watch it Travis we’ll find you a room with plastic on the floor. FORGETABOUTIT.
Godfather.
BeatNavy
QUOTE(Dion @ Jan 16 2023, 07:51 PM) *

Nice one Travis. Looking forward.
@BeatNavy Rob, BigLen, well he went real west, as in desert region! gunner.gif

So past Roxbury? Wow, that's pretty far west. Gentlemen, that is commitment -- moving across country just to give your car a rust-free and happy home.

Len, thanks for everything you and Linda did for us over the last few years. Hope to drive with you again some time.

QUOTE(TonyA @ Jan 17 2023, 06:17 AM) *

QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Jan 16 2023, 10:33 PM) *

Watch it Travis we’ll find you a room with plastic on the floor. FORGETABOUTIT.
Godfather.

Tony, be careful. You know there might be an informant in the NJ/Philly 914 family. It could even be me.... blink.gif
VaccaRabite
I'll put it on the calendar.
Oh crap look at that. I just checked my calendar and ITS NOT THE SAME WEEKEND as Boy Scout Camp! Yes!!!

I will have the new 2.3 in the 914 by then too!

Looks like we are doing a different camp week this year, going up in early July instead.
Zach
Tonyooc
I will try to make it, that is a busy travel time for work.
rgolia
Count me in and of course many thanks to Big Len for getting this thing going. Can we get 36 teeners to attend?
theer
I’ll be there- Perhaps with 2 914’s again. It’s a lot closer this time! .
Geezer914
I would like to attend. Coming from South Jersey. Hope the weather is better than last year in Vineland, NJ. Keep us posted.
NJ914
Stroudsburg is only an hour away. Never have been to an event like this so perhaps this is the year.
StarBear
QUOTE(NJ914 @ Feb 9 2023, 04:38 PM) *

Stroudsburg is only an hour away. Never have been to an event like this so perhaps this is the year.

A SECOND 914 in Bernardsville? I sense a convoy from Morristown area forming! biggrin.gif
@Hoppie944s2 Can you come? GFs welcome!
BeatNavy

Very formal, pretentious affair. Stuffy and uptight. Especially when the Pennsylvania mafia arrives smile.gif

Not!

The more the merrier beerchug.gif
saigon71
Count me in. It's on the calendar. piratenanner.gif
Spoke
@OrangeBones

Thanks for taking over from Big Len. I made it 2 years ago but last year stepped on the Pittsburgh Historic Grand Prix weekend and I couldn't make it. Hopefully this year won't be a conflict.

I'd like to donate a couple of sets of LED brake lights for the raffle so please contact me. Give me at least a month to get the boards assembled.

beerchug.gif
mepstein

I'm in. beerchug.gif

Funny, I've been there five times in the last two months to drop off and pick up from Dawes's Motorsports.
rmital
...looking forward to this event. reserving my room early this year. don't want to get shut out again.... bs.gif
OrangeBones
QUOTE(Spoke @ Feb 10 2023, 12:08 AM) *

@OrangeBones

Thanks for taking over from Big Len. I made it 2 years ago but last year stepped on the Pittsburgh Historic Grand Prix weekend and I couldn't make it. Hopefully this year won't be a conflict.

I'd like to donate a couple of sets of LED brake lights for the raffle so please contact me. Give me at least a month to get the boards assembled.

beerchug.gif

Thanks!! I have a set and they are great. Sent you my contact info.
OrangeBones
Update: We had to switch hotels/home base. We will be using the Chateau Resort in Tannersville (12 miles away) with a nice view of Camelback Mountain. There are plenty of amenities in the area. I'll give the green light to book as soon as we iron out conference room space.
Hoppie944s2
QUOTE(StarBear @ Feb 9 2023, 02:19 PM) *

A SECOND 914 in Bernardsville? I sense a convoy from Morristown area forming! biggrin.gif
@Hoppie944s2 Can you come? GFs welcome!

I’m going to try and make it.
fastnsmooth
Ill be there. Thanks Travis!
VaccaRabite
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 9 2023, 05:20 PM) *

Especially when the Pennsylvania mafia arrives smile.gif

But... But I'm Irish!

Zach
TonyA
The Irishman worked for the Mob.
14carrot
Greetings from Upper Canada Region PCA.

Patty and I are looking forward to joining you Saturday for the drive should the air-cooled gods be willing.

Any other Canadians thinking of making the trip? driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Thanks for hosting! And maybe we can get some of you up to Mosport for our 914 gathering there August 5-6th. Check out the SIG 914 Updates in the garage for that one at this link:

SIG 914 Updates
rennsport98
Count me in!
Dion
Will be there! Thanks for the highlight Zach. beerchug.gif
OrangeBones
Hey all- I cross posted at Rennlist and Pelican today. I expect the green light on bookings to begin on Monday. We will also try out organizing/communicating with a WhatsApp chat group (Pre show meet ups, itinerary reminders, driving routes, beer runs...) so please download the app if you don't already have it installed. poke.gif

Thanks
-Travis
saigon71
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Feb 14 2023, 12:10 PM) *

QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Feb 9 2023, 05:20 PM) *

Especially when the Pennsylvania mafia arrives smile.gif

But... But I'm Irish!

Zach

The Irish and Italians have done well togehter historically, including organized crime. biggrin.gif
Geezer914
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Feb 17 2023, 02:23 PM) *

Hey all- I cross posted at Rennlist and Pelican today. I expect the green light on bookings to begin on Monday. We will also try out organizing/communicating with a WhatsApp chat group (Pre show meet ups, itinerary reminders, driving routes, beer runs...) so please download the app if you don't already have it installed. poke.gif

Thanks
-Travis

What is the group name in the WhatsApp?
OrangeBones
https://chat.whatsapp.com/I1kYRYVKhlBAKpNmxRono9

Geezer914
QUOTE(OrangeBones @ Feb 20 2023, 11:49 AM) *

Joined!
theer
Joined the WhatsApp group.

Thanks for organizing!
BeatNavy
I’m in.
rmital
downloaded Whatapp....I think I joined the group....time will tell
Geezer914
Any word on booking rooms and entrance fee?
rmital
QUOTE(rmital @ Feb 20 2023, 01:23 PM) *

downloaded Whatapp....I think I joined the group....time will tell

yep....a member of the group chat. easy enough.....
OrangeBones
Booking can start - type.gif

Bi-level suites are 159
Regular rooms are 143
570-629-5900
Mention you are with the Porsche club

More to come on the entry fees as we get closer. Still working on catering and swag prices to get to our all in amount.

Join the WhatsApp chat and get the cars ready!
Geezer914
Booked! Friday & Saturday.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.