Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement 'panel' available?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bossboy302
I've removed the 4-cyl. mounting ears and found a bit of rust under the right side. Is there a replacement piece to repair this? Thx.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
just used passenger side, we have new drivers side only. WE recently cut out a right one for a six conversion and if you cannot repair yours you can buy this one for 375.00

QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Jan 21 2023, 12:13 PM) *

I've removed the 4-cyl. mounting ears and found a bit of rust under the right side. Is there a replacement piece to repair this? Thx.

Steve
If you’re referring to the 4 cylinder motor mounts mine also had rust behind it after removing it. We removed the rust which was also a layer of sheet metal. We ended up welding a scab plate over the area.
bossboy302
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 21 2023, 11:42 AM) *

just used passenger side, we have new drivers side only. WE recently cut out a right one for a six conversion and if you cannot repair yours you can buy this one for 375.00

Thanks. Yes, doing a 6 conversion. Eliminating the 4-cyl. mounting ears. The portion exposed behind it is what I'm wanting to fix. Surprised that there is a left side replacement piece when the right side seems the more problematic one.

So no patch panel other than used?
Luke M
QUOTE(bossboy302 @ Jan 22 2023, 09:41 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Jan 21 2023, 11:42 AM) *

Thanks. Yes, doing a 6 conversion. Eliminating the 4-cyl. mounting ears. The portion exposed behind it is what I'm wanting to fix. Surprised that there is a left side replacement piece when the right side seems the more problematic one.

So no patch panel other than used?

Check with : https://maddogsmotorsports.com

He made me some repair/reinforcement panels for my brothers 6 conv.

r_towle
Unless you are doing a large area, it’s just a piece of 19 gauge bent over a piece of pipe to get the corner correct….then cut out as little as you can and weld in the new piece.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.