Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: Hydraulic Clutch Kit/Parts for 901
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
apexhound
Does anyone have a hydraulic clutch kit (or parts) for a 901?

I’ve had enough of breaking/replacing cables driving.gif / headbang.gif , suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!!!
B2524
QUOTE(apexhound @ Jan 31 2023, 09:15 PM) *

Does anyone have a hydraulic clutch kit (or parts) for a 901?

I’ve had enough of breaking/replacing cables driving.gif / headbang.gif , suggestions welcome!

Thanks!!!!

Most VW shops carry a kit that you can adapt.
Superhawk996
If you have cables that are repeatedly breaking, you most likely have a bad or missing ground strap between the body and the transmission.

When that ground is missing or too high of resistance, the clutch cable becomes the ground for the starter motor and drawing high current though the steel cable leads to it breaking.
apexhound
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Feb 1 2023, 10:06 AM) *

If you have cables that are repeatedly breaking, you most likely have a bad or missing ground strap between the body and the transmission.

When that ground is missing or too high of resistance, the clutch cable becomes the ground for the starter motor and drawing high current though the steel cable leads to it breaking.

Thanks Hawk,

Great/amazing suggestion - I’ll check the strap. I’ve had a lot of flex in that region of the car, bending exhaust pipes and muffler mounts! I’m running semi-rigid transaxle mounts with a stiffly sprung pressure plate and an aggressive driving style around the cones… the cable takes a lot of tension/cycling - I can imagine if it’s acting as a ground strap too, it’s bound to fail repeatedly!
Dominic
I recently picked up a gearbox that had this Hydraulic slave cylinder attached. I have no idea if it works. Make me an offer if you are interested.

Thanks,
Dominic

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.