Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Crankshaft Dowel Pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Morning all!

I have a 1972 914 with a 1.7 (with mods). I sent the crank out to Fat Performance / Rimco for balancing a couple years ago (seem to be gone now). All that was fine but it didn’t come back with the single dowel that indexs the crankshaft to the flywheel. I thought I bought the right one from AutoAtlanta but it doesn’t want to go into the end of the crankshaft (and I don’t want to force it). I bought the 900-012-061-00 but I now see that’s for the 914-6.

Would anyone know the correct part number? Thanks!
bdstone914
I dont know the part number but i think it is a 4mm roll pin. Measure the hole size to confirm. You can probably find one locally or from Bel Metric.
Al Meredith
I've got several bad cranks and if I can get one out I'll be glad to send it to you. Al
914werke
Part # 113 105 277
Boothy
Thank you all!!!

I'll try that one instead. Best!
barefoot
Pin is not really needed, it just insures you can't install flywheel timed wrong.
Without pin, just make sure you time it correctly.
It adds nothing to structural integrity.
rhodyguy
Don’t forget a new bearing for the trans input shaft, while you’re in there, and set it to the correct depth. Seldom mentioned.
Boothy
Will do. I don't want to pull it for a very very long time -if ever.

Thank you!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.