Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Spring (sort of) 914-6 conversion packages
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I am offering a spring sale on oil tank, filler neck, filter console, engine sheet metal. This makes the conversions much more budget minded. $1200 for everything shipped. There maybe delays in shipping depending on what is inventory at the time of order.

Engine sheet metal is much improved over the original sets but I encourage everyone to fit and trim as needed prior to painting.

Now to the oil tanks. These are far superior to the oem tanks as they are both vertically and horizontally baffled to eliminate air in the oil and to help with sloshing in the tank. They are made of .090 5052 aluminum and are all pressure tested prior to shipping. No rusting takes place with these tanks and allow for either metric or AN fittings to be used.

Filter consoles are anodized aluminum and use the oc54 oil filter like the 74-89 911 and eliminates the need for bypass that gets gummed up on the factory consolesClick to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
@mb911
Is there any way you can think of to make a 911 oil level sender work with your tank design?

The one thing that has bothered me ever since i did the conversion some 15 years ago is the non working 911 oil level gauge in my gauge cluster.

If you can make it work, i'd be happy to pay extra for the r&d.
idea.gif
sixnotfour
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2023, 09:53 AM) *

@mb911
Is there any way you can think of to make a 911 oil level sender work with your tank design?

The one thing that has bothered me ever since i did the conversion some 15 years ago is the non working 911 oil level gauge in my gauge cluster.

idea.gif

beerchug.gif great improvement...so many 911 owners rely on this feature..
mb911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2023, 08:53 AM) *

@mb911

idea.gif

Andy do you have a sensor? I could play with it for sure. I always thought it would be cool as well
burton73
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 11 2023, 09:46 AM) *

@mb911

idea.gif

Andy do you have a sensor? I could play with it for sure. I always thought it would be cool as well

Andy and Ben,

This is my set up on #41. It was put in in the 70s but for wiring questions you could ask Eric at PMB as re refinished the tank during the complete restoration and obviously put it in the car.

Best Bob B

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
SirAndy

@mb911

idea.gif

I don't remember the exact year for my 911 gauges and i don't have a sensor.
But i can get you the gauge part number later.

Should be able to match that to a sensor.
smile.gif
mb911
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2023, 12:21 PM) *

@mb911

idea.gif

smile.gif

I am sure I could make it to work
ClayPerrine
I just had the oil level gauge converted to a volt meter. biggrin.gif

SirAndy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 11 2023, 05:28 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2023, 12:21 PM) *
@mb911

idea.gif

smile.gif
I am sure I could make it to work

Gauge # 911.641.202.29

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
billh1963
Oil level would be a great feature!
mb911
Still available. I would also figure out a oil level is some one provides a sensor and be very reasonable.
NARP74
Need one pulled from a stock 911 oil tank right? I don't have one, but that is the only gauge I have that does not work and I have a bunch of gauges.
SirAndy
QUOTE(mb911 @ Feb 23 2023, 03:21 PM) *
I would also figure out a oil level is some one provides a sensor and be very reasonable.

@mb911

I just bought one off ebay, please PM me with details on where to send it.
beerchug.gif
nditiz1
Wait if you have that in the left spot where is your temp and oil pressure?
Chris H.
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 23 2023, 08:00 PM) *

I’ll guess Getty dash with 5 gauges.
SirAndy
QUOTE(nditiz1 @ Feb 23 2023, 06:00 PM) *

911 style 5-gauge cluster
shades.gif
mb911
Still have some of these available. Sir Andy I never got the sender from you. Not sure where you sent it?
Dr Evil
Id be interested in gauge sensor option. Have to sell current tank smile.gif
Root_Werks
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Feb 11 2023, 10:00 AM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 11 2023, 09:53 AM) *

@mb911

idea.gif

beerchug.gif great improvement...so many 911 owners rely on this feature..

agree.gif

My current six conversion has a factory six oil tank. Would gladly ditch it for a tank with level sender
mb911
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Apr 23 2023, 05:40 PM) *

Id be interested in gauge sensor option. Have to sell current tank smile.gif

To be developed . Never mocked it up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.