Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F:S Undamaged Rear Window Defogger Wiringg Complete
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
edrotol
Complete wiring to install your new rear window defogger no cuts or bruises all complete even relay board connectors. PayPal shipped $249.00

Click to view attachment
cgnj
Try reading the classified rules. Stop spamming.
theer
Carlos- cool your jets, man.

I have personally dealt with Ed and can vouch for him. He’s a great guy and local to me. His stuff is top-shelf.

jim_hoyland
And, another possibility: I used that same window-defrost harness for my heated seats. It’s a perfect set up….. smile.gif it’s been in use for 10+ years too
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2023, 07:38 PM) *

And, another possibility: I used that same window-defrost harness for my heated seats. It’s a perfect set up….. smile.gif it’s been in use for 10+ years too

@jim_hoyland do tell us more about this set up pls : )
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Feb 15 2023, 09:19 PM) *

The switch goes into the front panel. The 12v power and ground wires attach to the posts at the front of the relay board; there is a special connector that fits over the two posts.
The output wited go to the seat heater. Only difference is I’m not using it as a defrost circuit.
It’s a very clean set up and saves a ton of time making up a harnes, plus you get power directly from the relay board.
914werke
cheer.gif Im gonna steal that one.
rjames
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2023, 04:38 PM) *

You need heated seats in Cali? poke.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(rjames @ Feb 16 2023, 03:24 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 15 2023, 04:38 PM) *

You need heated seats in Cali? poke.gif

Sometimes it gets pretty cold; then, there the soothing heat on the back…,.,
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Feb 16 2023, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Feb 15 2023, 09:19 PM) *

The switch goes into the front panel. The 12v power and ground wires attach to the posts at the front of the relay board; there is a special connector that fits over the two posts.
The output wited go to the seat heater. Only difference is I’m not using it as a defrost circuit.
It’s a very clean set up and saves a ton of time making up a harnes, plus you get power directly from the relay board.

That’s genius.

I’ve never had a could bum in my 914 though. Even in cool weather, if I throw on the heat, I have to crack the windows. Car is garage kept so it’s never at an outdoor temp. And here in the mid-Atlantic, once they put salt down the first time it’s game over until spring.

But I wish I had a need for this idea bc I love it that much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.