Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Requesting help in NE Georgia
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Musicboxer
Hi folks,
I am located in Northeast Georgia, about an hour northeast from Atlanta. Got my car in November and since then have been trying to refurbish it and get it to where it is reliable and safe as possible. I have tried to install the targa side seals (at top of windows) and the front targa seal but I am unable to get the new seals to slide more than a few inches in their channels, even using the recommended silicone grease. Is there anyone out there who has accomplished this and who might be willing to help? I had a major in-stroke a few weeks ago which left my hand weak and difficult to grip.
Thank you.
Musicboxer
Musicboxrestoration@gmail.com
hndyhrr
QUOTE(Musicboxer @ Feb 22 2023, 04:20 PM) *

Hi folks,
I am located in Northeast Georgia, about an hour northeast from Atlanta. Got my car in November and since then have been trying to refurbish it and get it to where it is reliable and safe as possible. I have tried to install the targa side seals (at top of windows) and the front targa seal but I am unable to get the new seals to slide more than a few inches in their channels, even using the recommended silicone grease. Is there anyone out there who has accomplished this and who might be willing to help? I had a major in-stroke a few weeks ago which left my hand weak and difficult to grip.
Thank you.
Musicboxer
Musicboxrestoration@gmail.com

Here is a video It is for installing all targa seals but just skip through til you find what you need. I could not get them to pull. I put one side in and then had to use a flat screw driver (very carefully) to push the onther side in. Hope this helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uc6zbCNYQA&t=240s
rhodyguy
Go and buy a bottle (NOT capsules) of Glycerin at your drugstore. Put it on the trim that holds the seals and the seal portion. A great water soluble lube that won’t harm the seals or paint. Go slow on sliding the seals in. Push then straighten. If you pull the seals in the seals will stretch. Do not trim anything until the seals recover. Take the top into a warm area while the seals recover. Don’t be in a rush.
Mikey914
DO NOT PULL THE TARGA TO WINDOW SEALS THROUGH
Install them from the side pushing the outside edge in 1st.

They will “shrink”

Here’s my write up
https://914rubber-tk.com/doku.php?id=targa_..._to_window_seal
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.