Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Day before Carlisle swap meet activities
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
MDTerp
Well, I didn’t make it there today. Slide off the road in the rain on my way to Bob’s.
Still trying to process this.
Click to view attachment
rgolia
Well that just sucks. All passengers okay?
MDTerp
QUOTE(rgolia @ Apr 28 2023, 05:36 PM) *

Well that just sucks. All passengers okay?

Was just me in the car. No one hurt thank goodness.
nditiz1
Oh no Michael!!!!!

I feel bad for you man. Good thing is no one was hurt, bad thing your beauty got injured. 2 more good things though, well 1 good and 1 helps feel not as bad. Your car had been in an accident before with Chris so it can overcome this ding. Plus, now you have an excuse to get flares happy11.gif
914dave
Sorry to see your mishap Mike. Judging by the amount of trees it looks like it could have been way worse. Glad you’re ok. Tis but a scratch
BeatNavy
That totally sucks, Mike. So sorry sad.gif
Olympic 914
Wow sorry to see that.
Was it still drivable?

Over the years I had a couple misshap like that. Mine looked worse.
Dion
That just sux! Sorry to see that happened. Glad you’re ok. I’m sure you’re totally pissed. I would be, Thing is, It’s only metal. You’ll make it whole again.
welder.gif Hang in there!
mb911
Oh man that sucks must have been the day yesterday. I was not in my 914 but my truck got rear ended , frame bent , probably totaled Click to view attachment
MDTerp
Thanks everyone for the words of encouragment. I'm past the emotions of the situation and I'm focused on getting my car repaired and back on the road this summer. The damage is mainly to the passager front quarter panel and suspension. The A Arm broke at the base of the strut and the strut came free. The rear bumper was also hit and shifted about 4-6" towards the driver side. There is some body damage there too which is the same place I repaired when I bought the car from Chris's crash. The truck/hood/doors/headlights all function normally and still look well aligned. The police towed the car to the closest shop and now I need to get the car to a shop experienced with our cars. Wish me luck.

Ben, sorry to see your truck was hit. I hope you're taken care of. My wife's SUV was hit while parked last month and we just got it back but their insurance was good and easy to work with. I hope you have the same experience.

I hope everyone had fun yesterday at Bob's and Air Cooled Racing. Share any pictures you took. Also if anyone took pictures at Carlisle today I'd like to see the turn out this year.
TonyA
Dam. Yep roads were slippery. I got out of my truck on my way to Bob’s house after checking in at fairgrounds to see if my table slid out of the back. When I walked around the truck my one foot slid on the blacktop.

You’ll be back on the road before you know it.
TonyA
Dam. Yep roads were slippery. I got out of my truck on my way to Bob’s house after checking in at fairgrounds to see if my table slid out of the back. When I walked around the truck my one foot slid on the blacktop.

You’ll be back on the road before you know it.
shag
Michael, I am very sorry to see that. I am glad you were not hurt. Hope to see you soon. John
saigon71
QUOTE(MDTerp @ Apr 28 2023, 04:56 PM) *

Well, I didn’t make it there today. Slide off the road in the rain on my way to Bob’s.
Still trying to process this.
Click to view attachment

So sorry this happened Michael...but glad nobody was hurt. Aircooled Racing will have you back on the road soon.
saigon71
It's always a great time hanging out with my 914 brothers & sisters, even if the weather doesn't cooperate. dry.gif

A big thanks to Steve Limbert for having us over for a shop tour Friday afternoon.

Dinner was a blast. Derek from Sweger Restorations put together a "name this 914 hardware" game. When the dust settled, Clay emerged victorious. Howard, Tony & Matt battled it out in "sudden death" for 2nd place. After several hard fought rounds, Howard took 2nd.

Congrats to our winners! first.gif Thanks to Derek for setting this up. aktion035.gif

I hope to see everyone at the Northeast Gathering.
nditiz1
Very cool Bob and thanks for setting it up, it was a shame I missed it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.