Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear inner adjuster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
930cabman
How often can one open the inner brake venting cap and complete the adjustment for the venting clearance? Most always the 4mm internal hex strips out and we are left with removing the caliper to make things right. If we are going through this would it make sense to thread into the existing cap and screw a bolt as to allow for us to grip an external hex?
GregAmy
That cap can be replaced with one that has a hex head on it.

However, that protruding cap will interfere with the rear trailing arm during removal of the caliper itself, and the cap will have to be removed prior to being able to remove the caliper.

I've accepted that slight inconvenience and replaced mine.
Eric_Shea
We always use the new upgraded M5 version of this plug. It has a deeper engagement shaft along with 5mm vs. 4mm hex so... basically fixes all the problems and fits the arms etc.:

https://pmbperformance.com/products/upgrade...ri-dino-308-etc
930cabman
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Mar 6 2023, 11:35 AM) *

We always use the new upgraded M5 version of this plug. It has a deeper engagement shaft along with 5mm vs. 4mm hex so... basically fixes all the problems and fits the arms etc.:

https://pmbperformance.com/products/upgrade...ri-dino-308-etc

Thank you for the heads up, do you recommend a coating of anti seize on the threads?
Also, what is your lead time these days to turn around a pair of rear calipers?
Eric_Shea
I do recommend a very small amount of anti seize.

Depending on early or late we could have inventory or 5-days. Getting to be busy season.
emerygt350
Mine came out just fine (the calipers are on their way back from PMB as I type) is it worth worrying about if they are in excellent condition? I was going to add a little anti-sieze or weak thread locker.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Mar 7 2023, 02:41 PM) *

Mine came out just fine (the calipers are on their way back from PMB as I type) is it worth worrying about if they are in excellent condition? I was going to add a little anti-sieze or weak thread locker.

If you're getting calipers from us you'll have the deep/5mm caps. I think a very small amount of anti-seize is never a bad thing for these though. Not sure what "it" would pertain to whilst worrying. wink.gif
Krieger
I got mine a few weeks back! Thanks @Eric_Shea

Click to view attachment
930cabman
QUOTE(Krieger @ Mar 9 2023, 12:46 AM) *

I got mine a few weeks back! Thanks @Eric_Shea

Click to view attachment

My next move exactly
emerygt350
Eric, I was digging around on YouTube hoping for an install tips video. Is there one? Just curious about stuff like greasing the bleeders (I hate doing that but...), What are the two bleeder screws about? Since the caliper is drained does that change anything in the process? Venting strategies etc.

Just picked up the calipers from the post office. They look awesome, thanks for providing this service. Sadly just in time for a snow storm. Sigh.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.