Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield wiper motor replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maxwelj
I’m trying to repair/replace the windshield wiper motor in my -6. Does the wiring harness need to be disconnected under the dash, or is there a way do disconnect it at the motor?
Thanks for any hints.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Mar 3 2023, 02:43 PM) *

I’m trying to repair/replace the windshield wiper motor in my -6. Does the wiring harness need to be disconnected under the dash, or is there a way do disconnect it at the motor?
Thanks for any hints.

The wiper harness is mated to the motor, and has a grommet like plug in the body, plus one power wire and 1 ground point. You have to pull the grommet out of the body to replace the motor.

maxwelj

When we pull the grommet from the trunk side of the bulkhead, it disconnects the harness? Just don’t want to do any damage to the harness.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(maxwelj @ Mar 4 2023, 10:55 AM) *

When we pull the grommet from the trunk side of the bulkhead, it disconnects the harness? Just don’t want to do any damage to the harness.

There is no harness, just the wiring that goes to the wiper switch.

You can pull out the speedo, reach in and unplug it.

fixer34
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 5 2023, 07:31 PM) *

QUOTE(maxwelj @ Mar 4 2023, 10:55 AM) *

There is no harness, just the wiring that goes to the wiper switch.

You can pull out the speedo, reach in and unplug it.

It's been a while, but I don't remember having to disconnect the wiper motor wires all the way back to the column/switch. I thought there was an inline connector around the bulkhead. (?)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.