Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: V-8 engine drop
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JB 914
I've gotten way side tracked this summer with other matters that caused me to put all my 914 projects on hold.

i'm just getting back to finishing up my V-8 car for paint. i've probably got about 1-2 full days left of prep work to finish stripping the car. Then i'm taking it to a local shop for new FG rear quarters and to fix the crappy front FG flares.

While it's at paint i'm going to either assemble a new 327 myself or take it to a local shop and have it assembled and dyno'ed. anyone know a good place for that in Orange County area for SBC V-8?

i'm going to be dropping the engine before taking it for paint. i've done the type 4 drop many times. what is the easiest way to do the V-8 drop?

i'm hoping to get it dropped and out of here by the end of the month. i'm figuring it will take them a while to finish the body work and paint.
Aaron Cox
IF YOU GRILL IT.....WE WILL COME

Joe, Beer and BBQ = engine dropped smile.gif
what are you doing this weekend?
AA
JB 914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Aug 12 2005, 11:05 AM)
IF YOU GRILL IT.....WE WILL COME

Joe, Beer and BBQ = engine dropped smile.gif
what are you doing this weekend?
AA

Sunday? i was planning to fire up the grill. maybe you and MattR can bring your tape worms and some tools. lol2.gif

i've got a few yard birds in the freezer that we can thaw and violate with beer.gif
mrihop
Drop the 8 like you would the 4! With the V-8, you don't have to worry about the engine shrowd the 4s have! clap.gif

Pro Machine and The Block Shop in Placentia(??) are great with engine machinging and building.

I would build the engine myself and then take it to a shop to test/tune on the dyno. You shouldn't have to pay the extra $$$ when you can build the engine yourself.
Sammy
Do not take any parts to either of the Orange engine machine shops, no matter what.

Based on my past experience you will not like what you get back.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.