Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123 Distributor Group Buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
gonzo54
I talked to Ed Madak at 123 Ignition USA today and he has provided us with a discount code good for 914 World Members as follows:

"Hi Rick
CODE: 914World23
Thanks for the business. Here is your coupon code it is case sensitive. Effective immediately at 5%. I will keep an eye on the progress for you. When we reach 10 the discount will be 10% and anyone who has placed an order will be refunded the difference.
They will just need to enter the code at checkout to receive the discount. The expiration date is May 6th 2023
"

Ed was very helpful directing me the the 123 distributor that will work best on my car.

Website for ordering: 123ignitionusa
Ed Madak 440 668-8164

I almost forgot to add that this discount code is good for any make and model car you have.

Update 4/28/23 - 10 members have purchased a 123 distributor - the 10% discount code will apply to everyone!
jim_hoyland
See: https://123ignitionusa.com/
Nacho
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Apr 5 2023, 07:02 PM) *

I talked to Ed Madak at 123 Ignition USA today and he has provided us with a discount code good for 914 World Members as follows:

"Hi Rick
Thanks for the business. Here is your coupon code it is case sensitive. Effective immediately at 5%. I will keep an eye on the progress for you. When we reach 10 the discount will be 10% and anyone who has placed an order will be refunded the difference.
They will just need to enter the code at checkout to receive the discount. The expiration date is May 6th 2023
"

Ed was very helpful directing me the the 123 distributor that will work best on my car.

Ed Madak 404 668-8164

I hope I covered everything-Rick

Just called the number listed above and asked for Ed and was told wrong number. Checked to see if I dialed the correct number as listed and I did.

-Nacho
Nacho
QUOTE(Nacho @ Apr 6 2023, 12:42 PM) *

"Hi Rick
"

Ed Madak 404 668-8164

Just called the number listed above and asked for Ed and was told wrong number. Checked to see if I dialed the correct number as listed and I did.

Area code is 440

-Nacho

Nacho
Just placed my order with ED @ 123 Distributor piratenanner.gif

-Nacho
gonzo54
QUOTE(Nacho @ Apr 6 2023, 10:42 AM) *

"Hi Rick
"

Ed Madak 404 668-8164

-Nacho

Thanks Nacho I corrected it in the post

-Rick
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Nacho @ Apr 6 2023, 11:02 AM) *

-Nacho

Are you going with the programmable version ?
Nacho
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Apr 6 2023, 06:19 PM) *

QUOTE(Nacho @ Apr 6 2023, 11:02 AM) *

-Nacho

Are you going with the programmable version ?

Yes Sir! Can’t wait to play with my new toy
gonzo54
Just ordered my 123 Bluetooth BT Tune+ 4-R-V-Por-IE
gonzo54
My 123 wireless programable distributor should arrive this week. I will continue to bump this thread- the Group Buy is good till May 6, 2023.
NJ914
Just ordered my Bluetooth Programable 123 Distributor...!!
Keep the train rolling.
gonzo54
QUOTE(NJ914 @ Apr 10 2023, 11:36 AM) *

Just ordered my Bluetooth Programable 123 Distributor...!!
Keep the train rolling.

That's great-Thank you @NJ914! I hope other 123 distributor owners chime in and provide details on how this distributor improved their cars performance.
Type 47
I had some questions but Ed was not able to call me back yet.

Does this work with a 2.0 with dual Webers or is it FI only?

I only saw L & D jet on their website.

Ed was able to get back with me and answered my questions.

The L jet for the 1.8 is the one to use with carbs.

ordered. He said we are about halfway to the 10% number.
gonzo54
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Apr 11 2023, 02:01 PM) *

I had some questions but Ed was not able to call me back yet.

Does this work with a 2.0 with dual Webers or is it FI only?

I only saw L & D jet on their website.

Ed was able to get back with me and answered my questions.

The L jet for the 1.8 is the one to use with carbs.

ordered. He said we are about halfway to the 10% number.

Thats good news!
NJ914
My 123 distributor (DJet Bluetooth) is due today and look to install/program this weekend. Have a 76 2.0 D-Jet.

If anyone can please share their programmed set up for a 76 2.0, it would be appreciated!!

Type 47
My 123 stuff (L-Jet for Webers) was also due to arrive today and they finally got here, although the mail was about 5 hours late today for some reason.

Getting it at 5ish versus noon means it might not go on until Monday.

Anyway, it's here
Click to view attachment
gonzo54
QUOTE(Type 47 @ Apr 14 2023, 02:50 PM) *

My 123 stuff (L-Jet for Webers) was also due to arrive today and they finally got here, although the mail was about 5 hours late today for some reason.

Getting it at 5ish versus noon means it might not go on until Monday.

Anyway, it's here
Click to view attachment

@Nacho @Type47 @NJ914 Let us know when you get your 123 distributors installed and how they perform. I'm a couple of weeks away from putting mine in, still trying to sort out some D Jet problems (TPS MPS?)

Thanks
mmascari
Wow, talk about good timing. I have my car at my mechanic's shop and he suggested I purchase one of these distributors for my carbed 3.0l six. We are trying to get the timing corrected. I will be buying one!
Type 47
QUOTE(mmascari @ Apr 15 2023, 06:40 AM) *

Wow, talk about good timing. I have my car at my mechanic's shop and he suggested I purchase one of these distributors for my carbed 3.0l six. We are trying to get the timing corrected. I will be buying one!

I was going to take mine in for final tuning and found the group buy. I was told that the tuner was going to want to put one on 1st thing, so it was also good timing.

Now I'm hoping that I won't have to get the final tuning at the shop.
gonzo54
I talked to Ed Madak at 123 Ignition USA today and we have had 4 members purchase a distributor. If we get to 10 he will apply the 10% discount code and refund 5% to the first 9 members.

Here is a link to the 2017 123 Distributor Group Buy, there are a lot of good comments in the thread- http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8153&st=120
914_teener
Wow...I started that thread. 2017 was a good year looking back.

For those still on the fence, of all the 914 parts "upgrades" I did, this one for the money was well worth the price.

It is getting much harder to find service parts, find good quality points,vaccum advance diaphrams ect.

I'd highly recommend this for a type IV engine over the stock dizzy.
mmascari
Does anyone know where you can find the timing curves for specific engines? For example I was looking for a 911sc 3.0 engine.
gonzo54
QUOTE(914_teener @ Apr 18 2023, 08:19 AM) *

Wow...I started that thread. 2017 was a good year looking back.

For those still on the fence, of all the 914 parts "upgrades" I did, this one for the money was well worth the price.

It is getting much harder to find service parts, find good quality points,vaccum advance diaphrams ect.

I'd highly recommend this for a type IV engine over the stock dizzy.

Thanks for the input @914_teener
nditiz1
QUOTE(mmascari @ Apr 18 2023, 09:15 AM) *

Does anyone know where you can find the timing curves for specific engines? For example I was looking for a 911sc 3.0 engine.

Contact iCarp on Pelican. He is the tech master for 123 Distributors in USA.
JORACER#40
Only for the 6? I have 4 2.0L and am also looking for the curves
A good set of docs will seal the deal with me.
gonzo54
Less than 2 weeks left for the Group Buy Discount. We only have 4 members that have purchased the 123 so far- smash.gif
Gatornapper
I'm IN! Hoping we get 10 on board for this! Y'ALL COME!

Trying to get RickB45 in too, but he's on his way to Israel.......

Left msg. with Ed just now as I'll run my Weber's with my new top-end for a while but want to get my D-Jet running before end of year.....

GN

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Apr 5 2023, 06:02 PM) *

"Hi Rick
"

Ed Madak 440 668-8164

I almost forgot to add that this discount code is good for any make and model car you have.

gonzo54
QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2023, 06:27 AM) *

Left msg. with Ed just now as I'll run my Weber's with my new top-end for a while but want to get my D-Jet running before end of year.....

GN

"Hi Rick
"

Ed Madak 440 668-8164

@Gatornapper-Thanks for your input! I'm going to keep bumping this GB as we get closer to the deadline.
-Rick
Gatornapper
Talked to Ed - just completed order. With this last piece, my 914 will be almost perfect - when I get done!

GN

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Apr 25 2023, 07:55 AM) *

QUOTE(Gatornapper @ Apr 25 2023, 06:27 AM) *

GN

"Hi Rick
"

Ed Madak 440 668-8164

@Gatornapper-Thanks for your input! I'm going to keep bumping this GB as we get closer to the deadline.
-Rick

gonzo54
Ed at 123 Ignition USA updated the 914 Group Buy and we are now at 6 distributors-4 more purchases and we all get 10% off. My only interest in this GB is to pass on the the benefits of the 123 distributor and the 10% off.

Thanks
mmascari
I just made my purchase this morning, so hopefully that makes 7 purchased.
gonzo54
QUOTE(mmascari @ Apr 26 2023, 08:07 AM) *

I just made my purchase this morning, so hopefully that makes 7 purchased.

Yes, Ed just confirmed we are at 7!
flipb
I'll admit, I'm tempted.

I'm running 2056 with EMPI 40 IDFs and Pertronix. I've been told before that an ignition upgrade is something I should consider but I don't know squat about it. Also, this has been a financially spendy couple of months for me so I'm trying to avoid any discretionary 3-4 digit expenses.
gonzo54
QUOTE(flipb @ Apr 26 2023, 01:54 PM) *

I'll admit, I'm tempted.

I'm running 2056 with EMPI 40 IDFs and Pertronix. I've been told before that an ignition upgrade is something I should consider but I don't know squat about it. Also, this has been a financially spendy couple of months for me so I'm trying to avoid any discretionary 3-4 digit expenses.

Take a look at the comments from the 2017 Group Buy http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...8153&st=120
sportlicherFahrer
Finally pulling the trigger on one of these. Guess that makes 8. shades.gif
Puebloswatcop
Will definately be purchasing one after my payday this friday.
gonzo54
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Apr 26 2023, 04:07 PM) *

If you do that will make 9!
porscheteck914
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Apr 27 2023, 02:14 PM) *

If you do that will make 9!java script:emoticon(':confused:','smid_24')

I would probly get one ... but I dont know which one to get. I have stock 74 2.0 with 2 carbs ( yes I know George dont like that ) any recommendations ?? confused24.gif
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Apr 27 2023, 12:50 PM) *

I would probly get one ... but I dont know which one to get. I have stock 74 2.0 with 2 carbs ( yes I know George dont like that ) any recommendations ?? confused24.gif

Hot ticket for carbed cars is the 1.8 distributor with vac advance, so probably the BT 1.8 version with vac. If you ever want the ability to go back to stock injection you'll need the Djet compatible version. Guessing the trigger wires could just be carefully capped and stowed.
Dlee6205
Just ordered one for my build. piratenanner.gif

I've installed several of these and have never been disappointed.
gonzo54
QUOTE(porscheteck914 @ Apr 27 2023, 12:50 PM) *

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Apr 27 2023, 02:14 PM) *

If you do that will make 9!java script:emoticon(':confused:','smid_24')

Call Ed Madak @ 123 Ignition USA 440 668-8164. He helped me select the model I needed for my 2.0 D Jet
jvmarino
It was a bit tough for me to spend this much on a distributor, but I figured it was worth getting it to finally upgrade from my old 009 unit that I have been running for decades. Opted to go the full boat for the BT model, and the 10% discount is now being applied to orders.
Type 47
piratenanner.gif smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif
gonzo54
Ed Madak at 123 Ignition USA just confirmed that we have 10 distributors sold and we all will recieve the 10% discount! The Group Buy still ends May 6, 2023.
Type 47
Can someone post an image of what their curves look like for dual Webers?

maybe need to post that in a separate thread.
gonzo54
This is the last week of the Group Buy-
Chris H.
Wonder if this would work well on a 1.9l Vanagon idea.gif .
gonzo54
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Apr 30 2023, 06:36 AM) *

Wonder if this would work well on a 1.9l Vanagon idea.gif .

Call Ed at 123 Ignition USA he should know-
NJ914
Just installed my new programable 123 Distributor D-Jet this past weekend. Physical install and wiring went smoothly. Installed the app and was able to connect without issue.

Put the Cart before the Horse though as I don't have a Curve to use.. sad.gif

Does anyone have any recommendations for a 1976 D-Jet FI?
I believe the orig Dist. number is the 039-905-205A (or B)

Would REALLY like to fire it up this week...
JORACER#40
I also need the curves for a 74 2.0L and 76 2.0L

I talked to Ed and he said to ask for the curves on the forums.

It's hard to spend that kind of money without knowing what it will take to get it to work better than stock. I don't have a lot of time for research (Trial and error) or worse more money.

I would assume the curves exist for all versions of 914 distributors.

Nditiz stated ICarp on Pelican has info for the 6 cylinder but I don't know about the 4 cylinder.
Didn't want to join the Pelican forum just to get the curves.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.