Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: turn signals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
obro150
My turn signals on my 71 914 werent working properly. I was thinking loose bulb as both sides were kind of working. After a bit they just quit, there was no clicking from the flasher relay. Since it was original to the car, it was a Hella unit ,I purchased a new Uro flasher. After plugging it in I still had nothing. I could ground my test light to either of the plugged in flashers and it would click and light up my test light. When the key is off, if the signal lever is engaged the turn signal lights will turn on, not flashing. Where do I go from here?
914Sixer
Not certain but early 70-72 relays have a different part number. Not sure they are interchangeable with later one. Yes the signal light should light up with the key off and lever engaged. European feature built in to system for parking.
theer
If the test light gets the relay to click, it sounds as if the flasher is working.

Try the test light at the bulb socket to see if you are getting current. Then check the grounds - they may need to be cleaned-inside the bulb holder as well as the wiring to the body?

76-914
If your emergency flasher works the flasher relay is good. If it is good the turn signal assm or it's wiring is bad or one of your bulbs or it's wiring is bad. beerchug.gif
obro150
Now I found when I turn on the emergency flasher the fuse blows. So a short somewhere should that affect the turn signals? I can still ground flasher and it clicks lighting my test light with the use blown.
OKN929
QUOTE(obro150 @ May 1 2023, 03:20 PM) *

Now I found when I turn on the emergency flasher the fuse blows. So a short somewhere should that affect the turn signals? I can still ground flasher and it clicks lighting my test light with the use blown.

I had a similar issue on my 74, 2 things that helped with my issue. Wiring - The wires were incorrectly placed, I found a diagram on here that I attached and hope it helps. The second issue was the bulbs were not the correct size, so I just order some hella's from amazon. I did switch out the relay but then put they old one back in and now they work fine.
dirk2056
agree.gif Check all ground wires I chased my lights for days and found ground wires bad best of luck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.