Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: 74 914-6 conversion 2.4 dual PMO 40
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
nditiz1
********SOLD********30,250

Auction is live

pcarmarket.com

This started out as a 74 914-4 2.0, original color is sunflower yellow. I purchased it from a local guy here in Maryland. I found out later that the engine would run well if only for 20 mins at a time. It would quickly want to overheat due to a poor leak down on cyl 4. Air was escaping between the head and the cylinder 30% loss. Anyway, the engine was pulled and sold. I had a 2.7 EFI sitting in the garage so the sensible thing was to put that in. I spent the year I bought it converting the 4 into a 6. I purchased the bits I needed to complete the 2.7 EFI engine and 6 conversion bits.
Mad dog motorsports mount (Best one in my opinion - closest aftermarket to OG)
914-6werkshop (Ben's) Oil tank, shift rod, oil cooler mod, headers, muffler
Patrick motorsports throttle linkage

I feverishly got the car ready for Okteenerfest 2 years ago. Sadly, a major oil leak on the 2.7 prevented me from making the journey. I was defeated by having to drop the engine and take it apart after getting it back on the road again. In the coming year I ended up trading the 2.7 for a 2.4 from a 73.5 911t. The 2.4 was running zeniths and ran well. This power house is now currently running in this car. The Zeniths were swapped out for 40 PMOs.

The longer I own this car the better it gets. This year I have replaced the windshield and sun visors. Also in my care I have:

Ensured all gauges are functional - Oil/temp is GT style redone by John Bell
Euro front turn signals with Spoke LEDs
Spoke LEDs in the rear (already Euro lenses)
916 kit was removed and a fiberglass front bumper and valence added (valence is for narrow and should be for a flared car) Rear bumper replaced with steel and new bumper top
PMB restored rear brakes and new rotors, new lines as well for the conversion
Camp 914 rear trunk shocks
Jwest trunk mount (passenger side)
GT engine lid (made by me) welded in two new restoration design engine lid mounts
Brown interior removed for black
CB Performance Rotary FP mounted in Frunk
PC680 Lightweight battery
Various new seals around (trunk, engine, tail lights, etc)
Rennshifter
914 Rubber progressive rear springs
Bruce restored pedal assembly

Good things it already had:
Fiberglass Flares
8x15 Fuchs
911SC front suspension and brakes
5 lug conversion
Euro tail lenses
Paint?
New rear floor pans and hell hole repair
Stainless Steel fuel lines - tangerine

Bad things
Rust at the corner passenger tail light
Fiberglass bubbling around the lower parts of the fender flares
Could use body work is what I'm saying
Different shades of silver
Wipers not operational ( I had it out,they worked when put back in and binded - didn't oil the correct areas, need to be removed and reinstalled)
Speaker removed on driver side, radio delete, meh
Drives straight but leans favoring driver side
Car was in a wreck at some point in its life and the passenger front corner was spliced with a donor
AC hole in trunk needs to be replaced
Floor around pedal assembly should be replaced one day, not a pressing matter currently, have donor piece already
Trunk floor should have sheet metal, but again nothing needed immediately or ever, cosmetics thing

Car needs nothing to drive it across the country. Gas it and go, well maybe rainX the windshield. Its not pretty, BUT it is a flared 914 AND it is running a 6...so it is fun and gets looks.

I have more pics and can take whatever pics you want/vids/come and drive this thing.

Cold Start video
Walk around video
Under carriage

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
Front yard mechanic
Nice looking car I followed your progress on this car and it looks worth every penny glws
nditiz1
Thanks Front Yard! It has been an adventure.

Cold start video added above
nditiz1
Let's get this car sold beerchug.gif
nditiz1
Walk around vid

walk around video
nditiz1
Under carriage video
under carriage vid
JmuRiz
Reduction, i thought it'd go fast at $40k.
nditiz1
Auction is live

https://www.pcarmarket.com/auction/1974-porsche-914-4/
nditiz1
Last day of the auction, happy bidding.
BillJ
Best of luck!
ValcoOscar
Best of luck Nick beerchug.gif

Guys/Gals I've seen this car in person, the description is spot on.

Great value for someone to get into a nice running 914-6 conversion.

I'm tapped out on my 914 space otherwise, I'd have this in my garage already. biggrin.gif

popcorn[1].gif
RacingDreamz
PM sent.
BillJ
Bid placed
ValcoOscar
Congrats to Seller and Buyer.

drunk.gif piratenanner.gif smile.gif biggrin.gif beer3.gif beerchug.gif cheer.gif chowtime.gif aktion035.gif bye1.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.