Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal trauma. 1973 wiring diagram?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gnomefabtech
I'm having a bit of trouble getting my turnsignals to work and can't find a legible diagram online. I'm bringing back a car that had a bit of rodent damage to the wiring so it's a tough one.

The setup is pretty confusing with the "parking light" function being added in. I have parking lights and blinking hazards but no turn signals. If I had a good diagram I could probably figure it out.

Thanks.

oakdalecurtis
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Spoke
Here's a simplified view of the turnsignals in the 914 w/o the 'park' function since the 'park' function has nothing to do with the turnsignals as it lights the running light in the front and rear turnsignal bucket.

Since you have 4-way flashers, most of your wiring is good. You need to check the wiring from the 4-way flasher switch to the steering column and the turnsignal stalk as well.
malcolm2
get you a laminated version from Prospero's Garage.

colorwiringdiagrams.com

they are cheap, easy to read, printed by year, colorful and laminated.
gnomefabtech
Thank you all for the great replies. I'll get back in there tomorrow and see if I can figure it out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.