Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ljet Dual Relay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
I need a Bosch 0 332 514 120 dual relay for my Ljet fuel injection. Every place I look they are out of stock. CIP1 wants 160.00, and they are out of stock! Any thoughts?
Dave_Darling
See if you can cross-reference it to other L-Jet cars, like the Datsun 280Z.

--DD
r_towle
Post a picture?
I will go rummage in the engine room….maybe…but I think all my stuff is djet

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=55291&st=0

To me, it looks like two standard relays will work.
Also, check the yellow wire, maybe it got loose?
anderssj
Sounds like the VW bus may use the same relay. If so, maybe check out the "Ratwell" article "VW Baywindow Bus - Double Relay Demystified" here:

https://www.ratwell.com/technical/DoubleRelay.html

Sounds like it may be possible to build a substitute.

Hope this helps!

Ps. Another possible option: look at the Volvo fuel pump dual relay, used on 240s from about 1986 or so up through 1993. I'll see if I can dig up a diagram of how it works.
wonkipop
pelican are listing it?

and in stock?

https://www.pelicanparts.com/More_Info/0332...332-514-120-INT

and at reasonable price?

just to give some context.
i had this relay replaced in chicago back in 89/90.
cost of relay. $87.55 USD!
we forget that parts were not exactly cheap back then.
mind you this was parts cost from VW dealer in chicago who did the work.

Geezer914
When you add it to your cart it says out of stock.
wonkipop
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 9 2023, 07:51 PM) *

When you add it to your cart it says out of stock.

ah. bummer.

i'll try and do some research.
will be in same boat as you if mine ever goes.
guess we have to keep trying to find either the right bit or a decent substitute work around. beerchug.gif
Krieger
I have a used one that I have had for a very long time. It worked when I took took it out of a running car I owned. I used it briefly three years ago to diagnose a similar failure in a friends car. I'd sell it for $30 plus shipping. PM me if your interested.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(anderssj @ May 9 2023, 07:33 PM) *

Sounds like the VW bus may use the same relay. If so, maybe check out the "Ratwell" article "VW Baywindow Bus - Double Relay Demystified" here:

https://www.ratwell.com/technical/DoubleRelay.html

Sounds like it may be possible to build a substitute.

Hope this helps!

Ps. Another possible option: look at the Volvo fuel pump dual relay, used on 240s from about 1986 or so up through 1993. I'll see if I can dig up a diagram of how it works.

From experience, the pinout on the Bus double relay is different from the 914. I found this out the hard way. But you can move one wire and it will work.

If you need the info, I can dig up the pictures when I get my home computer upgrade finished.

Geezer914
Clay, appreciate the help.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
well you have not looked everywhere that is for sure.

Bosch discontinued them, we bought out the last of their stock

Maybe try to take yours apart and chean and resolder the joints

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 9 2023, 03:46 PM) *

I need a Bosch 0 332 514 120 dual relay for my Ljet fuel injection. Every place I look they are out of stock. CIP1 wants 160.00, and they are out of stock! Any thoughts?

jim_hoyland
Are you certain the dual relay is bad ?
There is a simple method to bench test the dual-relays function with a 9v battery and a pair of short pair of connectors with alligator clips on the ends.

I made a guide to do the test and can email you a copy; shoot me a pm with your email and I’ll get it to you I’d post it here, but it’s on an excel spread sheet
Geezer914
PM sent
Geezer914
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 10 2023, 09:42 AM) *

Clay, appreciate the help.

PM sent
wonkipop
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ May 10 2023, 08:46 AM) *

well you have not looked everywhere that is for sure.

Bosch discontinued them, we bought out the last of their stock

Maybe try to take yours apart and chean and resolder the joints

QUOTE(Geezer914 @ May 9 2023, 03:46 PM) *

so if i did my normal rule of thumb on real estate values, (approx doubles every decade) and referring to what i paid for a dual relay in 1990. the dual relay is worth about $650
USD in 2020. yikes. sad.gif which makes your listed price at around half that sort of reasonable @dr914@autoatlanta.com
but its a hard hit for a little plastic double relay.
but i guess that is the hit i took back in 90 in relativistic terms. or actually it was double the hit you would hit me with now.

interesting to do the maths.
Geezer914
A special thanks to Jim Hoyland for emailing the double relay test. The relay checked out, so on to other problems. See my other post Starting Problems.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.