Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat back replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bajafreaks
Has anyone had experience with using the plastic 3-piece seat back replacements 914 rubber has available? my original seat back is completely gone and good used are hard to find.
Puebloswatcop
QUOTE(bajafreaks @ May 10 2023, 12:39 PM) *

Has anyone had experience with using the plastic 3-piece seat back replacements 914 rubber has available? my original seat back is completely gone and good used are hard to find.

Are you talking about the 3 piece plastic back pad core?
bajafreaks
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ May 10 2023, 05:00 PM) *

QUOTE(bajafreaks @ May 10 2023, 12:39 PM) *

Are you talking about the 3 piece plastic back pad core?

Yes...https://914rubber.com/thermal-formed-3-piece-back-pad-core-1
Mikey914
We are doing another run on these and will have them ready in about 2 weeks. If you need one right away, PM me I have one in my personal stash I can get you.
-Mark
PS some folks have simply covered these in perlon and opted out on the foam and vinyl.
Literati914
I used this product to reupholster a backpad for another member here, about a year and a half ago. It's a good product but if you plan to upholster it as original, then the real problem is the foam. If you can re-use your original foam, then it's great. or source used foam if you can. If not, then you have to try to custom sculpt the foam.. which is what I had to do. It came out great but I'd only do it again as a labor of love (would have to charge way too much as a service to accurately sculpt out the foam for a customer). The original foam is not a simple design, luckily I had my own personal originals to go by.

bajafreaks
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 11 2023, 07:34 AM) *

We are doing another run on these and will have them ready in about 2 weeks. If you need one right away, PM me I have one in my personal stash I can get you.
-Mark
PS some folks have simply covered these in perlon and opted out on the foam and vinyl.

Thanks for the info/offer. I'm a ways out before needing it. I would definitely entertain just wrapping with no foam, although I'd be curious to see how one looks before doing it.
bajafreaks
QUOTE(Literati914 @ May 11 2023, 10:25 AM) *

I used this product to reupholster a backpad for another member here, about a year and a half ago. It's a good product but if you plan to upholster it as original, then the real problem is the foam. If you can re-use your original foam, then it's great. or source used foam if you can. If not, then you have to try to custom sculpt the foam.. which is what I had to do. It came out great but I'd only do it again as a labor of love (would have to charge way too much as a service to accurately sculpt out the foam for a customer). The original foam is not a simple design, luckily I had my own personal originals to go by.

Dont have any of the original back piece, foam, or covering so it would be from scratch. I would definitely entertain as mentioned, going without the foam just curious how it looks? Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.