Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch and throttle cable routing by pedal cluster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
I have a click every time I let the clutch out.

I got down in the foot well and it looks as though the end of the throttle cable that snaps of the ball end is dragging on the bell crank and clutch cable clevis.

Do I have something routed wrong? or is there a way to keep these two from interfering?
mgphoto
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 12 2023, 02:18 PM) *

I have a click every time I let the clutch out.

I got down in the foot well and it looks as though the end of the throttle cable that snaps of the ball end is dragging on the bell crank and clutch cable clevis.

Do I have something routed wrong? or is there a way to keep these two from interfering?

Common to get them wrapped around each other, take the throttle cable off and unwrap it from the clutch cable, when there isn’t any drag on either, you got it right.
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment

pic show also the clutch cable tube is snap from weld on the side below the trottle cable tube.
jmargush
I'll check that out.

I don't feel drag on either just the click when releasing the clutch due to the interference, but never hurts to take a look in there.

Thanks
jmargush
Throttle cable was routed correctly, but I did notice with closer inspection the pin that holds the clevis on the clutch cable to the bell crank jumps when the clutch is engaged.

I am assuming the hole in the bell crank is oblong and worn.

Possible fixes? weld the holes back in and redrill?
mgphoto
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 19 2023, 07:24 PM) *

Throttle cable was routed correctly, but I did notice with closer inspection the pin that holds the clevis on the clutch cable to the bell crank jumps when the clutch is engaged.

I am assuming the hole in the bell crank is oblong and worn.

Possible fixes? weld the holes back in and redrill?

Not exactly sure what you are explaining, photos would help. All of the parts are available, pin, and clevis, there is a plastic bushing in the clutch pedal lever, there are replacement bushings that are bronze and last a lot longer.
jmargush
Video was to big to upload I'll have to see if i can figure out how to Compress it or I'll take some pictures.

It is the hole in the arm from the pedal cluster that the clutch cable attaches to. No bushing in this spot.
bdstone914
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 20 2023, 02:31 AM) *

Video was to big to upload I'll have to see if i can figure out how to Compress it or I'll take some pictures.

It is the hole in the arm from the pedal cluster that the clutch cable attaches to. No bushing in this spot.

There should be a bushing in the clutch arm. Very common for the clevis pin to wear the hole in the bushind and into the arm. Some have worn completely thru the arm. Replacement arms are available. You need to pull the pedal set to replsce the clutch shaft.

@jmargush
jmargush
Anyone know if you can buy the Clutch arm bushing by itself? Is it available in bronze?

I just found the individual nylon on pelican
mgphoto
QUOTE(jmargush @ May 20 2023, 01:46 PM) *

Anyone know if you can buy the Clutch arm bushing by itself? Is it available in bronze?

I just found the individual nylon on pelican

Look for the bronze bushing kit, it has them all, you probably need all of them. Or get Bruce Stone to redo yours, he does excellent work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.