Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screen wiper switch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyH
Good afternoon everyone,

I have a 1975 914 which I purchased about a year ago. I am going through her sorting out all the silly things that need doing.

The screen wiper switch has been replaced at some time with an all electric one (it no longer uses the original air operated system).

When I first bought the car she only had one speed on the wipers. I removed the wiper motor and rebuilt her so I know that is all OK. I have removed the wiper column switch and I have checked her over and is obviously faulty and needs replacing with another all electric switch which will give me two speeds and an electric washer motor option.

Does anyone know of the VW part number for such a switch please?
914Sixer
Here you go, seller in Spain. VW 111 953 519G. Has 5 pin for intermittent wipers or use for electric pump. You can also use the 6 wire option and make both pump and intermittent wipers work.
TonyH
QUOTE(914Sixer @ May 14 2023, 07:48 AM) *

Here you go, seller in Spain. VW 111 953 519G. Has 5 pin for intermittent wipers or use for electric pump. You can also use the 6 wire option and make both pump and intermittent wipers work.

Very many thanks, I will look into that.

Tony
jim_hoyland
IIRC, the 924 Wiper switch works, plus it will connect to the intermittent relay. I have that set up currently on my ‘75
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.