Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Padding Upper For Roll Bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pierre1973
Hello everyone,

Do you know how to disassemble the Padding Upper For Roll Bar. I unscrewed the few screws but nothing moved.

An idea?

In advance for all your always excellent answers. aktion035.gif
Craigers17
Did you get the screws on the bottom side as well? Other than that, maybe a previous owner put some type of glue or sealant on it before they screwed it on??? I'd also double check that you got all of the screws.....to my recollection, they are in there pretty far in there and kind of hard to see....I might be overstating the obvious.
Pierre1973
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ May 15 2023, 07:38 PM) *

Did you get the screws on the bottom side as well? Other than that, maybe a previous owner put some type of glue or sealant on it before they screwed it on??? I'd also double check that you got all of the screws.....to my recollection, they are in there pretty far in there and kind of hard to see....I might be overstating the obvious.

Ok thank you I will look tomorrow. I hope there is no glue wink.gif
bdstone914
You need to remove the side pads too to get it out.
Pierre1973
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ May 16 2023, 12:55 AM) *

You need to remove the side pads too to get it out.

Yes sir
aturboman
Its also keyed into a slot in the pad so it needs to move forward toward the windshield first before it will drop downward.

After all of the previous tips are followed.
porschetub
QUOTE(Pierre1973 @ May 15 2023, 09:23 PM) *

Hello everyone,

Do you know how to disassemble the Padding Upper For Roll Bar. I unscrewed the few screws but nothing moved.

An idea?

In advance for all your always excellent answers. aktion035.gif

Mine had never been off and even with all the screws out it had stuck its self on .
Be careful getting it off so you don't bend it,good luck.
aharder
If my memory serves me right..... there are a couple of screws in the Targa Latch that have to come out.

I don't remember removing the side pads.
Mikey914
Actually, all are visible behind the plugs. Use a flashlight to find the head and a #1 phillips
Pierre1973
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ May 17 2023, 12:55 PM) *

Actually, all are visible behind the plugs. Use a flashlight to find the head and a #1 phillips

Thanks for the all answer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.