Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel line leaks...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
second wind
Hey guys.....I relocated my fuel pump to the steering rack area about 6 years ago and the fuel line I used has deteriorated and leaking badly. So I change all lines up front from the gas tank to the fuel pump and all around the front area of the car. So upon testing the front lines held nicely but back at the engine area a couple leaks have developed. As I attempt to repair it seems there are several gas lines going who knows where? I think a diagram wiuld help me quite a bit....anyone have one? Thank you very much!
gg
ndfrigi
Not hard replacing all fuel lines along engine bay.

Click to view attachment
second wind
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ May 17 2023, 09:23 PM) *

Not hard replacing all fuel lines along engine bay.

Click to view attachment

Thank you very much! My issue are the ones that go from the engine area down through the engine tin and then to the tunnel lines....I am lost on this and then the leaks came out of nowhere....sheesh....a gas fire can ruin your whole day!!
gg

PS. What is the best fire extinguisher for in front of the passenger seat? Thank you...
gg
L-Jet914
When you replaced the fuel lines did you replace them with R30 hoses? Regular fuel injection hose will deteriorate due to the ethanol in our fuels in our state. Have you also used fuel injection hose clamps? I still need to pull my tank and all my lines to install the stainless lines.
ndfrigi
Maybe you still have the stock fuel lines in the tunnel. You have to replace it with Stainless steel lines.
Mikey914
Best- onboard plumbed CO2 system with large tank. $$$$$
Bang for the buck

I carry these https://914rubber.com/stelvio-brand-50-seco...re-extinguisher

They are truly impressive.
second wind
Thank you all very much. I have already switched to SS lines and tgis time around I used R 30 fuel line. A few years back I replaced the fuel lines when I installed the SS lines with inferior cloth covered lines (going for the European" look.) So now I know better and R 30 is my mantra. So up front with the three port fuel pump no leaks so far. When I relocated fuel pump I installed a fuel filter up front as well as having the one in back. So somehow I am getting a leak from the lines going to the original fuel filter (removing this one)....so where do the fuel lines that go to the filter originate? I need to get a brighter work light but I haven't traced where they go yet. Also, I pulled the original fuel filter off of the factory filter holder and it was hanging free below . I started the car and there was no leaks all of a sudden....but then after a minute of running a gushing leak showed up....like something warmed up and opened up. I will continue today but I am a bit lost at this point. Any words will be appreciated.
Thank yo,
gg
JeffBowlsby
Maybe this helps?

From here: https://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/TechNotebook.htm

second wind
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ May 18 2023, 09:59 AM) *

Thank you Jeff very much...that is how I did mine when I relocated it. So where do the fuel lines go once they go above the engine shelf?
gg
sportlicherFahrer
QUOTE(second wind @ May 18 2023, 10:46 AM) *

Thank you Jeff very much...that is how I did mine when I relocated it. So where do the fuel lines go once they go above the engine shelf?
gg

The 2.0 engine fuel hose diagram is in the 1st reply to your thread. The general route is: pressure goes from the tunnel/shelf line to the #3/#4 rail, across the top of the engine to the #1/#2 rail, then to the regulator. CSV is fed from the #1/#2 rail. Return goes from the regulator, across the back of the engine/rear firewall, back down to the shelf/tunnel.
ndfrigi
Do you have picture where you see gas leaks? I was thinking probably your fuel injector seals need replacement. They get brittle/cracked that cause gas leak.
second wind
[quote name='ndfrigi' date='May 18 2023, 12:17 PM' post='3078403']
Do you have picture where you see gas leaks? I was thinking probably your fuel injector seals need replacement. They get brittle/cracked that cause gas leak.
[/quote

I keep an eye on the injector seals and that is not the source. The leak seems to be coming from above the factory fuel filter holder....one second there is no leak and then gushing down the fuel line to the filter. I wonder where the line to the fuel filter is coming from. I just put a brighter light bulb in my work light so maybe that will help me? Thank you for the help.
gg
Dave_Darling
The line to the filter is coming from the larger pipe through the center tunnel. The line from the filter is going to the inlet ("S" port) on the pump.

The arrow on the filter points in the direction of fuel flow, so the arrow points toward the line that goes to the fuel pump.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.