Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is your 914 for cruz'n?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
It's unlimited-class hydroplane race weekend here in Tri-Cities, WA. I just went out to grab some movie rentals and the whole town is out. Races and airshows are done for the day and now everybody is in town. Lots of really cool vehilces get brought out this weekend. Street rods everywhere you look, and other cool cars only brought out on "special occasions". I've got the 914 all shined up and even it turned some heads. A guy in a BMW Isetta and I simultaniously gave each other the thumbs up. I saw a guy in a Taurus pointing the 914 out to his kids. If it weren't still 97F out I'd cruise around some more and look at all the cool rides. Kinda fun to see people pointing at your car for the right reasons. wink.gif (I've had past cars that were pointed at for other, less flattering reasons, too.)

So do you guys shine up the 914 and take it out for special occasions or just to cruise around? I don't make a point too -- I was just in the right place at the right time and happened to have the car all shined up.
-Ben M.
TheCabinetmaker
Even though the paint is faded in a few places, I keep her clean and shiny, and, an everyday cruies is a special occasion! Hell, I even get a thumbs up from a 911 sometimes.LOL
ninefourteener
Oh yes, in the summertime, I use the teener more than I use the SUV.

I'm one of 3 or 4 teeners in the entire St. Louis area. I get more stares, points, and questions than anyone.. It's very awesome.

If it's nice out, and I'm not driving more than an hour away.... I take the teener, period

beerchug.gif
ChrisReale
Mine is a bit stiff, but I try to drive it as much as possible
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.