Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: /6 Heat exchanger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
It's a little rainy today, in Montreal, so I'm getting a few things done. The original /6 heat exchangers I got from Jon Lowe were in pretty good condition, except that one had a hole in it.

So I brazed in a patch. I like brazing for this sort of work because it's easy and leaves a low profile patch.

Unfortunately, I left a couple of little gaps after the first go-around.

michel richard
So I went over it again with the braze rod. Another advantage is that repairs are easy to make when I don't get it quite right the first time . . .
michel richard
The result. This is as good as I can get it.
michel richard
On the green car, I currently run headers, modified to provide heat to the MFI warm up regulator. The plan is to install the heat exchangers very soon so that I can have the exhaust I plan to use long term before the PMO carbs get the final dial-in.

I also plan to show the rest of the heat exchanger install in this thread.

See for the PMO chapter.
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=2&t=36529

Michel Richard
michel richard
Back from the chrome shop. I simply had them dip the heat-exchangers and sand blast them. Quite a bit of pitting, and I found hole in the header itself. Nothing that can't be fixed quite easily.
Michel
michel richard
Paint drying !

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.