Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mysterious Plug
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DennisV
Am I correct in assuming that this has no business in a 1970 914-6? There was nothing attached to the plug which was near the base of the shifter. It looks homemade, with a fuse inline.

I tried finding a color wiring diagram for a 914-6. I kicked up a few names in searches, but none of them replied to me about buying one.

Click to view attachment
DennisV
Also, this brown wire white stripe was found near the tunnel. I'm thinking that this is for the handbrake switch and just incorrectly located?
Click to view attachment
Superhawk996
FWIW Restoration Deaign used to offer a full size 914/6 wiring diagram - maybe 3’ x 5’ in size. Wall size.

@peteyd
windforfun
Neither one is stock. It's a DAPO thing.

beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
peteyd
QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 2 2023, 05:16 PM) *

Wrong...

the brown/white on the tunnel is most likely the fan switch. Cavity 9 on 14 pin connector that plugs into the relay panel in the engine bay

the inline fuse is an addition from a previous owner.

Please give informed advice.

Pete
windforfun
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jun 6 2023, 10:01 AM) *

QUOTE(windforfun @ Jun 2 2023, 05:16 PM) *

Wrong...

the brown/white on the tunnel is most likely the fan switch. Cavity 9 on 14 pin connector that plugs into the relay panel in the engine bay

Pete

Only half wrong.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
DennisV
QUOTE(peteyd @ Jun 6 2023, 10:01 AM) *

Thank you for chiming in Pete. Where is that spade connector meant to attach? I'm not seeing an obvious mate for it. I assume it's opposite end is running to the position you reference in the engine bay.
sixnotfour
Sportamatic shifter, Brn wht
windforfun
Perhaps this is more informed advice.

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
sixnotfour
Now you are wrong.. Twice..
DennisV
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Jun 7 2023, 02:06 PM) *

Sportamatic shifter, Brn wht

Our car was not Sportamatic. Was there a universal wire harness? Meaning on manuals, the wire is expected to be there and just left where it is unconnected?
windforfun
Okay, I surrender. That wire is for the bulb in the defrost indicator.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.