Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What flywheel bolts to use on 2.7 with 2.0 Flywheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mate914
Looks like there are two different types. So I shall ask the gurus.
Im using a 2.0 flywheel on a 2.7 engine. Do I use the 2.0 or 2.7 flywheel bolts.

Thank you,
Matt
mlindner
Not sure about the bolts But. I learned something about installation of bolts and lock tight. You don't put it on the threads. Use old bolts and torque down, Then remove one at a time, apply lock tight with thin object into the threaded area of the crank end and then torque new bolt to spec. Same for rest, one at a time. Best, Mark
mate914
Thank you. I did order new bolts for the 2.2-2.7.
Matt

QUOTE(mlindner @ Jun 11 2023, 10:36 AM) *

Not sure about the bolts But. I learned something about installation of bolts and lock tight. You don't put it on the threads. Use old bolts and torque down, Then remove one at a time, apply lock tight with thin object into the threaded area of the crank end and then torque new bolt to spec. Same for rest, one at a time. Best, Mark

mate914
Bump!
nditiz1
I dont think it matters as long as you have the correct spacer. Pretty sure I used a thick spacer so the bolts were a little longer. Think I followed the 914 PET.
targa72e
I used ARP bolts specified for 2.7 engine. I am not sure of the thickness of flywheel spacer, it is what ever came up as specified for the earlier a 2.0 liter engine/Flywheel. Spacer was expensive for what it is (around $60). My engine is 2.5 (same crank as 2.4 and 2.7).

john
porschetub
QUOTE(mate914 @ Jun 12 2023, 02:33 AM) *

Looks like there are two different types. So I shall ask the gurus.
Im using a 2.0 flywheel on a 2.7 engine. Do I use the 2.0 or 2.7 flywheel bolts.

Thank you,
Matt

I remember having to shop around for these as the prices varied wildly from suppliers for the same part,while back but seem to remember some vendors were 12-$14 for the same part ended up buying for under $10/bolt.
914 bolts have the same price spread so on last build I bought from Fat Performance for a sensible price,aftermarket but sales guy mentioned they have used them for many years on race engines and no issues ...good enough for me.
peteinjp
Is the difference between he 2.0 flywheel and the 2.7 the diameter? Rothsport used the 215mm flywheel on my 2.7 (originally a 2.4 but 6 bolt) and they are ARP 204-2802. According to the LN website they are for all 2.0 thru 3.0 engines and are considerably less expensive than OEM.

https://lnengineering.com/products/arp-pors...heel-bolts.html
porschetub
QUOTE(peteinjp @ Jun 14 2023, 02:09 PM) *

Is the difference between he 2.0 flywheel and the 2.7 the diameter? Rothsport used the 215mm flywheel on my 2.7 (originally a 2.4 but 6 bolt) and they are ARP 204-2802. According to the LN website they are for all 2.0 thru 3.0 engines and are considerably less expensive than OEM.

https://lnengineering.com/products/arp-pors...heel-bolts.html

Great price for a top quality product,yes and cheaper than I payed for genuine,you can't go wrong with the 6 bolt kit for your application.
peteinjp
It's an even better deal long term as the ARP units are reusable.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.