Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any Copper L99K cars with flares out there?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
SavingManuals
Just wondering how it might look with 5-lug Fuchs too. Anyone?
DRPHIL914
i have never seen one, i just did a google search none come up, i think most of the copper metallic images that come up are my car. there is one on this forum thst has black flares , he’s making a safari build out of it.

Phil
sportlicherFahrer
try searching @waltonsm for the black flares with teal Fuchs. Pretty sweet Subi Safari build!

Edit: His build thread is linked in his signature.
SavingManuals
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jun 14 2023, 10:47 AM) *

i have never seen one, i just did a google search none come up, i think most of the copper metallic images that come up are my car. there is one on this forum thst has black flares , he’s making a safari build out of it.

Phil

Phil -- I'm not the first nor will I be the last to say it...your car is a sight to behold--beautiful. Yours may have been the reason I was definitely considering a copper car and still love the color.
SavingManuals
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Jun 14 2023, 11:58 AM) *

try searching @waltonsm for the black flares with teal Fuchs. Pretty sweet Subi Safari build!

I'd forgotten about that build...wow. Even the car before he (Steve?) went to the safari config, it looked good with the flares in black. As a safari, it's gotta be a blast to drive...true, @waltonsm ?
r_towle
Somewhere online somebody built an image generator so you can change colors and possibly wheels on a 914.
I’m not sure if it’s still out there
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 14 2023, 03:43 PM) *

Somewhere online somebody built an image generator so you can change colors and possibly wheels on a 914.

thats a great idea, I like the black flares on the suby build too! but if you go steal like a stock GT, i think it would look great. and unique, maybe the only one.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 14 2023, 12:31 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jun 14 2023, 10:47 AM) *

Phil

Phil -- I'm not the first nor will I be the last to say it...your car is a sight to behold--beautiful. Yours may have been the reason I was definitely considering a copper car and still love the color.

@SavingManuals

thank you! I really love the rare colors in Porsche and many old colors are being used and paint to sample on newer cars but i have yet to see a new one in L99K......yet...I would love to ....
it is a beautiful color, i think a wide body GT car in Copper would be super!
campbellcj
This may be more gold vs copper but is this the color in question?

IPB Image
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 14 2023, 05:08 PM) *

This may be more gold vs copper but is this the color in question?

IPB Image

that is gold, but a beautiful car! It was at Werks reunion Amelia 2 or 3 years ago, we were both in the Cars and coffee on saturday too. A stunning Gt replica, the interior was so nice they didnt cover the floors or longs with carpet, interior metal work and finish was as nice inside as out. Gas Werks Garage does really nice work! This year they had another factory six race car at Werks which won 1st of course.
jim_hoyland
Not mine. File photo several years old. I never saw the car, but it’s a So Cal car IIRC
second wind
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jun 14 2023, 04:41 PM) *

Not mine. File photo several years old. I never saw the car, but it’s a So Cal car IIRC

What car?
gg
SavingManuals
@jim_hoyland Interesting to see what 916 version would look like. Wish it had 5 lug fuchs!

I also like the gold Gaswerks car that @campbellcj and @DRPHIL914 commented on -- no longer on the Gaswerks site, that I could find. I could see a copper version of this car looking just as good.
Shivers

The rear fender flares on the front is different. blink.gif
SavingManuals
QUOTE(Shivers @ Jun 19 2023, 12:43 PM) *

The rear fender flares on the front is different. blink.gif

Good point
Optimusglen
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jun 14 2023, 02:43 PM) *

You may be talking about my 914 configurator. I had a narrow body version of the configurator I sent to a handful of people to beta test, I didn't have this color though.

I have a GT model I was going to include on the next version of the configurator, I brought in a color that's in the same ballpark as L99K, have a look.

IPB Image
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 19 2023, 11:36 AM) *

You may be talking about my 914 configurator. I had a narrow body version of the configurator I sent to a handful of people to beta test, I didn't have this color though.

I have a GT model I was going to include on the next version of the configurator, I brought in a color that's in the same ballpark as L99K, have a look.

IPB Image

Wow ! That looks great ! Put a beige interior in it and I’d be in heaven.. biggrin.gif
r_towle
I love it...great tool!
SavingManuals
@Optimusglen yes, that's exactly what I had in mind...backdated, w/those exact Fuchs. Thanks! If you'd like another beta tester, I would be interested. Also, do you have a version of the tool that is currently available to the World?

I have a Ravenna project, but I've been thinking lately about selling it and buying a candidate for building your rendering.
Shivers
QUOTE(Optimusglen @ Jun 19 2023, 11:36 AM) *

IPB Image

Oh my Dog, that looks great. I—must—resist.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 20 2023, 09:06 AM) *

I have a Ravenna project, but I've been thinking lately about selling it and buying a candidate for building your rendering.

No compelling reason not to start with what you have - just sayin’ poke.gif biggrin.gif
waltonsm
QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 14 2023, 09:36 AM) *

I'd forgotten about that build...wow. Even the car before he (Steve?) went to the safari config, it looked good with the flares in black. As a safari, it's gotta be a blast to drive...true, @waltonsm ?

I’ve been off comms helping the family out in the Midwest.. I can’t believe I missed this thread !

The car is Absolutely a blast. I’ve spent a lot of time tuning the map to make it Drive able but still fast, lots of throttle tuning and reducing peak boost to 18 psi. Down from ~26. It’s still a greasy mess. But I certainly don’t think twice on forest roads now smile.gif

I am still going back to road mode at some point. But having too much fun right now.
SavingManuals
QUOTE(waltonsm @ Jun 26 2023, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(SavingManuals @ Jun 14 2023, 09:36 AM) *

I’ve been off comms helping the family out in the Midwest.. I can’t believe I missed this thread !

The car is Absolutely a blast. I’ve spent a lot of time tuning the map to make it Drive able but still fast, lots of throttle tuning and reducing peak boost to 18 psi. Down from ~26. It’s still a greasy mess. But I certainly don’t think twice on forest roads now smile.gif

I am still going back to road mode at some point. But having too much fun right now.

So funny to hear "forest roads" in connection with a teener aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.