Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which jack for the jack plate?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Boothy
Morning All,

I have the Tangerine Racing jack plate for engine install. I see he has one with the post and one with the hole (I know -not going there). I have the one with the post. I have an old Blackhawk jack (I played on as a kid -that's how old). The plate won't come out. My son's newer jack has the screw plate.

Before I take a saw to the plate to adapt it to my son's, which of the older jacks work? I'll FB Marketplace it to try to find the right older jack.

Thanks in advance!

beer3.gif
VaccaRabite
The jack plate with the hole is for engines with tuna can oil sumps.

If you can't remove your jack's plate, the CFR tool likely won't work for you. Most of them just lift out.

Zach
Geezer914
You have 2 jacks. Put a jack under each rear donut and remove the rear wheels, slide a furniture dolly under the engine and trans. Lower the car so the engine just touches the dolly. Remove the 2 bolts holding the engine bar and the 2 rear trans bolts. raise the car and slide the engine out. Much safer than balancing on a jack plate.
rhodyguy
The 2 floor jack method works very well. Very safe too. I put the jacks under the control arms. Loosen all of the fasteners before lowering the car. I take the exhaust off too.
Boothy
Thanks!

I should have specified, I'm installing.
mgphoto
QUOTE(Boothy @ Jun 22 2023, 04:50 AM) *

Morning All,

I have the Tangerine Racing jack plate for engine install. I see he has one with the post and one with the hole (I know -not going there). I have the one with the post. I have an old Blackhawk jack (I played on as a kid -that's how old). The plate won't come out. My son's newer jack has the screw plate.

Before I take a saw to the plate to adapt it to my son's, which of the older jacks work? I'll FB Marketplace it to try to find the right older jack.

Thanks in advance!

beer3.gif

The Tangerine jack plate has a standard saddle attachment, most jacks have a removable saddle to attach different holding devices such as the Tangerine jack plate, it fits my 30 year old Chinese Allied jack I got at Sam’s Club.
Boothy
QUOTE(mgphoto @ Jun 22 2023, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Boothy @ Jun 22 2023, 04:50 AM) *

Morning All,

Thanks in advance!

beer3.gif

The Tangerine jack plate has a standard saddle attachment, most jacks have a removable saddle to attach different holding devices such as the Tangerine jack plate, it fits my 30 year old Chinese Allied jack I got at Sam’s Club.

Gotcha. Thank you!

bzettner
Simple question, will the CFR/Tangerine engine jack plate work with a Harbor Freight 3ton, low profile jack?

confused24.gif
Osnabruck914
QUOTE(bzettner @ Jun 22 2023, 01:33 PM) *

Simple question, will the CFR/Tangerine engine jack plate work with a Harbor Freight 3ton, low profile jack?

confused24.gif

Yes, that's the exact combo I have and used when I dropped my engine in 2020 for a refresh.

Osnabruck914
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.