Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fuel regulator recommendations pls
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Retroracer
Putting this out to the hive mind.

CONTEXT: Am in process of converting my -6 from a deadhead regulator (no return line) to a return system. I have a front mounted pump running at around 9psi and need a return style regulator (with 8mm plumbing) that can get me 3 -5 PSI mounted near the engine. Am struggling to find a suitable off-the-shelf solution.

Any recommendations very welcome,

- Tony
dr914@autoatlanta.com
use the factory six pump, no regulator needed

QUOTE(Retroracer @ Jul 15 2023, 08:06 AM) *

Putting this out to the hive mind.

CONTEXT: Am in process of converting my -6 from a deadhead regulator (no return line) to a return system. I have a front mounted pump running at around 9psi and need a return style regulator (with 8mm plumbing) that can get me 3 -5 PSI mounted near the engine. Am struggling to find a suitable off-the-shelf solution.

Any recommendations very welcome,

- Tony

brant
The most common I’ve seen used is the PMO
And it has provisions to mount a fuel pressure gauge also

Make certain any pressure gauge you use is only mounted to a chassis point and not the engine

I’ve seen motor fires personally (a friend I helped put it out) when the gauge was mounted to a carb and vibration cracked the brass fitting
nditiz1
I second, using a PMO.
slivel
I've been running this Holley bypass reg for years. The fuel delivery system for my 3.4 l six with Weber 46's consists of a Holley blue pump, bypass reg set at 12 psi, and second reg at the engine set to 3.5 psi. The return line dumps right back into the fuel cell so that the fuel and pump don't get too hot.
Click to view attachment
burton73
this is the PMO that we removed from number 41 when we went to EFI as well as factory fuel pump changed out.

Bob B
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Retroracer
Thanks for responses, all.

New Porsche original 911T pump lists at over $800; so no.

Don't need the originality, so the PMO solution looks good; but those seem to be "out of stock" on the usual sites. If anyone has a used one (Bob?) they are willing to sell, pls PM. Thx,

- Tony
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.