Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Low compression with Carbs on and full throttle.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slapshot
I have a 1975 914 2.0 with Weber Dual 40 DNCF 12. When I do a compression test with the carbs, filters off and full throttle I only get 65 PSI. If I remove the carbs I get 102. I know 102 is still low but what could be wrong with my carbs limiting airflow? I've only had the car for about 7 months and stilling learning.
930cabman
QUOTE(slapshot @ Jul 21 2023, 10:55 AM) *

I have a 1975 914 2.0 with Weber Dual 40 DNCF 12. When I do a compression test with the carbs, filters off and full throttle I only get 65 PSI. If I remove the carbs I get 102. I know 102 is still low but what could be wrong with my carbs limiting airflow? I've only had the car for about 7 months and stilling learning.

screwy.gif screwy.gif
Jack Standz
Gotta think it's the testing procedures.

Fully charged battery, remove all spark plugs, etc., etc.

Here's just one video on the subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mOQGz-GQxBI

Best wishes.
slapshot
That's a good video. I've watched it before but it was good to watch again. I am planning on getting a leak down tester soon.

The battery I used wasn't the best but it was cranking and I was getting consistent #'s between cylinders. I had all plugs out. I will do a video the next time I test it. Maybe that will show what's up.
slapshot
I must have had something wrong when I first did this. Second time the compression was the same. Maybe it was the battery. Anyhow, all is good.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.