Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heating system
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
erwindv
Heating in winter is ok but when you can't turn it off in summer it's al little bit too much.
Any idea where to look for the problem?
DRPHIL914
cable could be too tight so its holding the flappers open, check the tension on those cables that run to each flapper box , i usually remove the tubes and put caps on both ends so no air is flowing from the HE to the tubes up front .

Phil
r_towle
Oddly a normal spray paint can cover fits perfectly on the heater tube end sticking out of the longitudinal, and it keeps out rodents.

Cairo94507
It is also possible someone shoved the flappers on more than necessary and the flap is conflicting with the heater tube. That happened to me; I loosed the flapper valve and pulled it back about 1/4" and the flapper opened and closed as it should.

Disconnect the cables to each side at the flapper lever and operate the flapper by hand from under the car to see if it is opening and closing completely. beerchug.gif
r_towle
Was someone making flapper box rebuild kits?
rhodyguy
Control wire too tight? Set the operating length with the handle down (fully closed position). The gaskets might be spent or missing.
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(r_towle @ Jul 26 2023, 08:13 AM) *

Was someone making flapper box rebuild kits?

Dansk makes them. Around$100.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.