Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A nice 2.0 rebuild
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zuffenwerker
I recently acquired my first 914. It’s a 75 2.0 that is mostly original. Here are some photos of my recent rebuild for those who would like to browse!Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Original cylinders bored 1mm over. Keith black mercury pistonsClick to view attachment
Neway valve job SI valvesClick to view attachment
Yellow zinc everything because I LIKE it!!Click to view attachment
Gloss powdercoatClick to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=882
858]Click to view attachment
rfinegan
LOTS of nice stuff going on here...

-Cheers
Montreal914
Nice looking engine! smile.gif

Looks like your gearbox shifter input lever (with the sphere) was installed 180 degree off maybe? confused24.gif
Zuffenwerker
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Jul 26 2023, 06:20 PM) *

LOTS of nice stuff going on here...

-Cheers

Do you recognize those NICE original heat exchangers…? Thanks so much for them! Have all is well in Clayton!

Daniel
Zuffenwerker
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jul 26 2023, 09:56 PM) *

Nice looking engine! smile.gif

Looks like your gearbox shifter input lever (with the sphere) was installed 180 degree off maybe? confused24.gif

Thank you and yes to the shift lever haha figured that one out as soon as I tried to hook up the shift rod…914 newb
Shivers
Looks great.
Zuffenwerker
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vc6...dit?usp=sharing

Here is a link to the engine specs if anyone is interested. Compression came out to about 8.9:1.

I will post the dyno sheet here once it hits the chassis dyno

Here are some more shots of the projectClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
rfinegan
HE cleaned up nice...well done
CCE
Looks awesome!

I was not able to hold myself and maintain the originality… temptation was too much
Now its a 2.2 with 44mm webers, port polish and blanced, with a mild hot cam and the webers with conical velocity stacks… (a hooligan, lots of fun), but your pictures make me think…
jc73-914
very nicely done ... beerchug.gif
CCE
QUOTE(Zuffenwerker @ Jul 27 2023, 07:57 AM) *

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Vc6...dit?usp=sharing

Here is a link to the engine specs if anyone is interested. Compression came out to about 8.9:1.

I will post the dyno sheet here once it hits the chassis dyno

Here are some more shots of the projectClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

We have the same piston brand…
Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Do yourself a favor and ditch those heat exchangers. They are really very horrible. I mean, they look great, but their design is pretty terrible. The earlier ones may not be exactly amazing for power, but they are a lot better than these. Two pipes that join straight out of the head, no thought to equal lengths, make an almost immediate tight 180-degree turn? That flies directly in the face of pretty much all the principles of good exhaust design.

If you want heat, use the later-style 2.0 exhaust, or SSIs. If you don't need heat, talk to Chris at Tangerine Racing.

Oh, and you'll need to pull the gear selector (and side shift console) off the gearbox and flip around either the rake or the knob part, because they're 180 degrees off from where they should be.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.