Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
meares
if i should clean it....do i clean it with Brakleen or fuel inj. cleaner or spray carb cleaner?
phantom914
I used contact cleaner/lube. If a track is worn into the contacts (most likely), you can bend the arm a little to one side so that the tip wipes along a path a little to the side of the original path. Just make sure that the flat of the arm stays parallel to the surface of the contact board so that only the ball of the tip makes contact. Sorry I don't have pictures, but it will probably make sense once you have the thing apart. Oh, did I forget to mention that you will need to take the TPS apart?

Andrew
meares
contact cleaner/lube is found at FLAPS?.......... and just kind of twist the contact so it rides on the edge? is that right?
phantom914
An electronics store would have contact cleaner. It's hard to explain the "adjustment", but I think it will be more clear once you have it apart.

Andrew
meares
Thank you biggrin.gif
redshift
I use a q-tip.

smile.gif

M
BMartin914
Yea, you can buy stabilant 22a for $70 a crack screwy.gif . Or you can do what I did and go with the $2.49 can of electrical cleaner at carquest.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.