Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Proper wing height….
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
sixaddict
Wing has been on this car for a while….but my son prefers something a bit more conservative. As I evaluate it, height may be a bit much.
In reference to roof, where should it be. Not constrained by any rules….
Anyone with knowledge or experience able to help?
Front has Sheridan design damn/ spoiler.
Thanks…
Click to view attachment
76-914
Didn't someone post awhile back that the low mounted spoilers didn't have much effect since they weren't in the slip stream. confused24.gif
sixaddict
Didn’t see it.
I had been happy with it…… ..but wanted to cross check position.
Charles Freeborn
My previous AJRS built 914 had a wing about as in your first pic. It needs to be up there in "clean air" do do much good. Just don't forget to add the front splitter as close to the ground as possible.
Click to view attachment
URY914
Higher of course is better but you need check the rules of whatever class you're running in. There maybe a limit on how high it can be.
sixaddict
10-4
Thanks
stownsen914
Wing height is a complex thing, but in general (and within reason) higher is better, especially on a car like a 914 that has relatively poor aerodynamics. Yours is probably at a good height.

There can be some advantage in a lower mounted wing on a car with underbody aero (a diffuser). Not relevant for you. See my avatar. I do have a large diffuser on my car, and mounted the wing low to allow it to interact with the diffuser.
ssstikircr
Where can I find or get a wing like that?
Jetsetsurfshop
Johnny from 9lives racing just built me one for my car. I haven't installed it yet so i don't have any pictures.
I plan on squeezing it in between the trunk and the fenders. It will mount to the back of the fenders in the trunk.
I'll add pics when I get there.
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif
Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
Dont use this upright template. It appears to be racked back. No real adjustment for downforce. I dont blame 9lives racing, it was my poor template i sent him.
confused24.gif
ssstikircr
Please keep us posted…

Will the rear deck lid operate on the factory hinges or will you have it on pins?
URY914
I made my own.....

Click to view attachment
914 Ranch
I mounted mine 2" above the targa bar.

Click to view attachment

I know I have a better picture somewhere.

This is really Kool, the 2 lightest 914 in world one post after each other. See
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.