Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quick Question....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeM
Hi all...can someone please tell me the size of the nuts for the clutch adjusting mechanism at the end of the cable. Can't seem to find something that works.
Thanks in advance!!
Mike
930cabman
QUOTE(MikeM @ Aug 2 2023, 01:56 PM) *

Hi all...can someone please tell me the size of the nuts for the clutch adjusting mechanism at the end of the cable. Can't seem to find something that works.
Thanks in advance!!
Mike

11MM
MikeM
QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 2 2023, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks in advance!!
Mike

11MM

Is it a strange thread pitch or something?
mgphoto
QUOTE(MikeM @ Aug 2 2023, 01:03 PM) *

QUOTE(930cabman @ Aug 2 2023, 02:00 PM) *

Thanks in advance!!
Mike

11MM

Is it a strange thread pitch or something?

Only 2 pitches on a 914 fine at 1.0 and course at 1.5.
Steve
11mm wrench. 7mmx1.0 nut
MikeM
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 2 2023, 02:25 PM) *

11mm wrench. 7mmx1.0 nut

Thanks very much!!
technicalninja
7/16 us standard wrench/socket will fit that size nicely.
Dave_Darling
M7 is a bit of an oddball size nut on our cars. Almost everything is M6 (taking a 10mm wrench) or M8 (taking a 13mm wrench). The clutch adjustment nuts are about the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that are M7 (and take an 11mm wrench).

--DD
MikeM
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 2 2023, 05:08 PM) *

M7 is a bit of an oddball size nut on our cars. Almost everything is M6 (taking a 10mm wrench) or M8 (taking a 13mm wrench). The clutch adjustment nuts are about the only ones I can think of off the top of my head that are M7 (and take an 11mm wrench).

--DD

You are exactly right Dave!! Hard to find. They have 2 of them at Bolt Supply in my city. I'll take them!!!
Steve
QUOTE(MikeM @ Aug 2 2023, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 2 2023, 05:08 PM) *

--DD

You are exactly right Dave!! Hard to find. They have 2 of them at Bolt Supply in my city. I'll take them!!!

My ACE Hardware has them.
mepstein
My 1974 motorcycles use M7 bolts to hold the gas tank. It was a bit of a challenge to find replacements.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 2 2023, 04:08 PM) *

Aren't the torsion bar adjusters 11mm also?
idea.gif

I could be wrong though, it's been a long time since i had to fiddle with those.
driving.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 2 2023, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 2 2023, 04:08 PM) *

Aren't the torsion bar adjusters 11mm also?
idea.gif

I could be wrong though, it's been a long time since i had to fiddle with those.
driving.gif

Yes... On a /4 they are 11mm. On a factory /6, IIRC, they are a 6mm cap head screw.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.