Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Black Widows?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
redshift
1st-1st..

Black Widow season is in full stride. Yesterday, I was climbing into the sub, and I looked down. I noticed the scattered web, all under/between the driver's seat, and brake handle.. hello Mrs. Get the hell out of my car! Nuked! I pulled the seat, and found 2 webs, with 2 spiders, and one egg sac.

On Sunday morning, my mother got a call, around 11:30. Cops. She needs to come down to her liquor store, and see something.

A woman, I think 32 years old, brand new to here, and driving on a learner's permit, drove a car thru the front of my mother's store, at around 50 miles an hour.

laugh.gif Ooops...

3 occupants in that car, and the cousin, I think, told my mother, and I quote, "Sorry about the accident. I am not ride with her anymore, SHE TOO FAST! WAY FAST!".. hehe..

Nobody was hurt (no consolation for Vodka lovers) but if it was Monday, there would have been 4-5 fatalities. Whew..

Anyways, fun stuff!
balljoint
We don't have any drive through liquor stores in my Province. wink.gif Glad no one was hurt.

I think we have Black Widows in the south though, but I don't really want to ever confirm that.
URY914
Wait a minute Miles, your mother owns a liquor store? wink.gif

beerchug.gif Paul

redshift
Yespaul, and that is why I became a non-drinker, for the most part.

wink.gif

In, I think, '81, she bought the business across the street, sold that land to a bakery, and built a nice place across the street from it.. when we cleaned out the old store, I found a 1/2 gallon of Jack Daniels, that had been sitting in there for like 20+ years, and I split it with a cousin... one night.. huh.gif

icon8.gif hangoverforaweek

M
URY914
Does your cousin wear a wool coat?

redshift
No, but on a quart of Jack, he acts like a caveman.

smile.gif

M
VegasRacer
Does your Mom also sell Bait and Ammo at her Liquor Store?
John2kx
Miles,

I didn't hear that one on the news. Am a bit surprised that not only the korean driver but YOU live in Augusta : )

John
bd1308
uhoh miles! you're shroud of secrecy is dissappearing...

somebody might actually meet you if you're not careful ohmy.gif
Bleyseng
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Aug 17 2005, 04:58 AM)
uhoh miles! you're shroud of secrecy is dissappearing...

somebody might actually meet you if you're not careful ohmy.gif

I don't want to see Miles without him wearing his shroud!
bd1308
all this time I thought you were wearing a bucket hat in that picture.....

you crack me up miles.

MoveQik
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Aug 17 2005, 02:22 AM)
Does your Mom also sell Bait and Ammo at her Liquor Store?

I thought those stores were only here out west!
GWN7
We have Black Widows up here......there is one at work...she only goes after married guys..... wink.gif
redshift
QUOTE (John2kx @ Aug 17 2005, 07:30 AM)
Miles,

I didn't hear that one on the news. Am a bit surprised that not only the korean driver but YOU live in Augusta : )

John

Summerville... Ace.. go take a picture!

I am in Savannah! It's moldy here... and Sherman should have burned it.

M
pete-stevers
found a couple of half dead ones in the bananas one day....yup hour glass and all
nowa days someone else does the bananas
few years back, like about fifteen we found a tranny spider.....i mean tarantula, hairy big half the size of my hand thing......again in the bananas.
Mrs. K
Hey Miles, drive through liquor store....you could start a new trend! lol2.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

Lisa chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.