Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas pedal support rust.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jaredmcginness
Hey guys,

I have a car in that is missing almost all the steel here. Are there any options to get this metal? I'd think a cut off, but that would be near impossible to cut out! Looks like RD does not make this area.

I am missing all of the metal up to the brake master cylinder on the drivers side. Passenger side is so-so, fabricate-able.

The heaps of sound deadening applied was a total moisture trap and hid the rust really well.

Hours into a save, (you can see I am already test fitting up new floors)

IPB Image
Front yard mechanic
That area is difficult to repair first step would involve removing everything that is in the way brake master cylinder , lines ,wiring ,tunnel linkage and all that crappy insulation that is helping the rust. Putting the car upside down makes it easier to fix the problems . This part will have to be cut from another car or fabricated from scratch sawzall-smiley.gif ar15.gif smash.gif welder.gif
Superhawk996
Been there - done that. Details in my rustoration thread - around page 18. Link in my signature box.

I obtained donor metal. Was still a tricky area to repair.

Someone recently posted that Dansk was going to be making a complete front to rear floor pan with this section of previously NLA metal. Sure it won’t be cheap but it would be a big help with something like this.
jaredmcginness
Thanks for the great insight fellas. I will speak with the owner and see what he would like to do. Meantime I will check out your thread Superhawk.

I am happy to fabricate the section, but its clearly a very difficult one, and I don't want to risk getting the geometry off.

At some point it might be better to swap everything to a better tub, instead of replacing the entire bottom 3" of this car.
VaccaRabite
Joe's car? Or is this a different one?

Zach
jaredmcginness
QUOTE(VaccaRabite @ Aug 7 2023, 09:35 AM) *

Joe's car? Or is this a different one?

Zach

Indeed it is.

Also for any other viewers searching in the future, page 18 on Superhawks thread (in his sig) has great pics and info on this repair.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
yes you can buy "the hump" we have them

QUOTE(jaredmcginness @ Aug 7 2023, 06:03 AM) *

Hey guys,

I have a car in that is missing almost all the steel here. Are there any options to get this metal? I'd think a cut off, but that would be near impossible to cut out! Looks like RD does not make this area.

I am missing all of the metal up to the brake master cylinder on the drivers side. Passenger side is so-so, fabricate-able.

The heaps of sound deadening applied was a total moisture trap and hid the rust really well.

Hours into a save, (you can see I am already test fitting up new floors)

IPB Image

76-914
There is a '76 listed here that the seller is asking if anyone needs parts off it.
930cabman
yep, that's an ugly repair. I would search for a donor, even then take your time with the alignment.
East coaster
Mine was pretty wasted too. I fabricated a piece but it’s not fun with the many bends and compound curves…..

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.