Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: recomendations on roll bar
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pete-stevers
I would like to purchase a bolt on roll bar, i have seen one that simply bolts on inside....were do i get one? what do they cost?
thanks
steve
Mueller
at least here in the states, they start at $269.95
Autopower roll bar

the picture is just a generic picture, obviously for a 914 it'll look different......
pete-stevers
thanks mike smilie_pokal.gif
any other ideas
spare time toys
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Aug 16 2005, 05:06 PM)
thanks mike smilie_pokal.gif
any other ideas

Man o man if you were only down here I gott a deal for you wink.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif
Jeroen
said it before and I'll say it again biggrin.gif

Safety Devices
9144guy
I INSTALLED A ROLLCAGE IN A 05' CAYENNE WITH 2,000 MILES LAST WEEK. I GUTTED IT! I FAR AS I KNOW I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO INSTALL IN THE U.S. ITS GOING SOMEWHERE OUT OF THE U.S. FOR A RALLY. ILL POST SOME PICS THURS. TRYING TO GET IT INTO EXC. MAG.
sixnotfour
Autopower 140.00 Bolts to floor.
SirAndy
QUOTE (9144guy @ Aug 16 2005, 05:15 PM)
I INSTALLED A ROLLCAGE IN A 05' CAYENNE WITH 2,000 MILES LAST WEEK. I GUTTED IT! I FAR AS I KNOW I AM THE FIRST PERSON TO INSTALL IN THE U.S. ITS GOING SOMEWHERE OUT OF THE U.S. FOR A RALLY. ILL POST SOME PICS THURS. TRYING TO GET IT INTO EXC. MAG.

your CAPS LOCK key is stuck!

wink.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Aug 16 2005, 07:05 PM)
Autopower 140.00 Bolts to floor.

passenger seat rests up againts the diagonal tube?
Series9
It's not possible to 'bolt-in' any real protection to the floor. If you're serious, weld a real device to the longs.

I'm sorry guys, but Autopower and Safety Devices cages that I've encountered have all been crap.

Custom 4130 cages are the only way to go, and are fabricated for YOUR car by a professional (like me.... cool.gif )
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914RS @ Aug 16 2005, 08:33 PM)
It's not possible to 'bolt-in' any real protection to the floor. If you're serious, weld a real device to the longs.

I'm sorry guys, but Autopower and Safety Devices cages that I've encountered have all been crap.

Custom 4130 cages are the only way to go, and are fabricated for YOUR car by a professional (like me.... cool.gif )

got a mandrel bender??? wink.gif
sixnotfour
passenger seat rests up againts the diagonal tube?

Yes

How much would you charge to build one ?

This Autopower was used in a car to obtain SCCA license and then pulled out, 20years ago.
Use to Satisfy the Min. requiremnet , Not the best.
grantsfo
QUOTE (914RS @ Aug 16 2005, 07:33 PM)

Do you travel for installation? cool_shades.gif ..If you do I'd glady sign up for an install.
pete-stevers
914RS do you have any pics ?
seanery
Hey Pete, if it's just a bar only, not a full cage, I like the Safety Devices, too.
Mueller
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 17 2005, 10:18 AM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Aug 16 2005, 07:33 PM)
It's not possible to 'bolt-in' any real protection to the floor.  If you're serious, weld a real device to the longs.

Do you travel for installation? cool_shades.gif ..If you do I'd glady sign up for an install.

Grant, not to take business away from Joe (not likely to travel smile.gif )there is always TC Design , he built my last cage and will be building me a roll bar in the near future when he builds Terrance a new cage for 914 in the next few weeks, if you are serious about a roll bar, now would be a good time to contact him so that he can fab up 2 roll bars at the same time.

Are Safety Device items available in the US?? When I went to thier website they seemed mostly European based and didn't list any P-car bars or cages

Jeroen
Yes, Safety Devices is available in the states...
IIRC, Sube Sports advertises them in Excellence (may be another shop though, not sure)

And yes, they have cages/rollbars for pretty much every type of Porsche (and yes, their website just sucks biggrin.gif)

Make sure you get a "racing" version and not a "street" version
The "racing" cages/bars come with a certificate of FIA approval (and are build to meet/exceed those)
A "street" version does not...

A SD-rollbar can easily be expanded to a full cage later on if you want/need to

Joe is right, a rollbar/cage should never be bolted to the floor...
Safety Devices cages/bars mount to a reinforcement plate that is welded onto the longs

But I disagree with Joe that a bolt in cage is unsafe or crap...
Sure a custom made cage is better/nicer, but for some people that's just not an option

viralto
Just a side note really - Safety Devices went into administration (UK equivalent to US bankrupty protection) on 14th June this year. The company has been re-organised and now production is being moved to Poland. Their phone lines are not being answered (even the new ones) and faxes/emails receive no response. I've spoken to a few of their trade suppliers who have heard nothing from the company since June either.

Not sure what this means but I know that UK suppliers can't get new stock at the moment. I guess there may be remaining stock within the distribution network in the US.

I'm certainly not suggesting that there's anything 'untoward' going on with Safety Devices - just a 'heads up'...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.