Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replaced engine fuel lines and now starter won't hit... coincidence?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rbj914
What did I do? I replaced the engine compartment return fuel lines today and now the starter won't even hit. It was starting fine before I replaced the lines. I feel like I must have unplugged or grounded out something while I was in there, or maybe it is just coincidental.

The fuel pump runs when I turn the key and runs continuously when I turn the key all the way. I am no good with electronics, but what do I check? headbang.gif

1970 car with a 73 2.0 D-Jet engine.

Update: Checked all connections. Unplugged the MPS then plugged it back in and it cranked right up. I also removed the air cleaner again. I have no confidence that's what caused this but grateful it cranked. Is it possible that was the issue?
emerygt350
QUOTE(rbj914 @ Aug 13 2023, 02:46 PM) *

What did I do? I replaced the engine compartment return fuel lines today and now the starter won't even hit. It was starting fine before I replaced the lines. I feel like I must have unplugged or grounded out something while I was in there, or maybe it is just coincidental.

The fuel pump runs when I turn the key and runs continuously when I turn the key all the way. I am no good with electronics, but what do I check? headbang.gif

Update: Checked all connections. Unplugged the MPS then plugged it back in and it cranked right up. I also removed the air cleaner again. I have no confidence that's what caused this but grateful it cranked. Is it possible that was the issue?

Mps is right there ... however you could have bumped a ground. I would have suspected a ground. As soon as you ask for some amps it can't give it to you. But the battery negative to the body is way up from there.
rbj914
QUOTE(emerygt350 @ Aug 13 2023, 06:10 PM) *

QUOTE(rbj914 @ Aug 13 2023, 02:46 PM) *

Mps is right there ... however you could have bumped a ground. I would have suspected a ground. As soon as you ask for some amps it can't give it to you. But the battery negative to the body is way up from there.

Yes, I must have bumped a ground. Just hope it doesn't rear it's ugly head again! Thank you for your reply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.