Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Turn signal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Front yard mechanic
My turn signals blink like a sloth S. L. O. W. L. Y. Is it the flash cube or should I just hang my arm out the window
914Sixer
I can dig a spare out for you to test with, pay the shipping.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
try a replacement four prong turn signal relay first

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Aug 20 2023, 06:02 PM) *

My turn signals blink like a sloth S. L. O. W. L. Y. Is it the flash cube or should I just hang my arm out the window

Spoke
EP26 flasher relay is generally available and will light bulbs as well as LEDs just fine. It does need the C2 pin connected inside. It's a straightforward mod if you're handy with a solder iron. If not, I resell EP26 for the 914 with the mod done.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 21 2023, 03:52 AM) *

I can dig a spare out for you to test with, pay the shipping.

Thx pm sent
914Sixer
Went out this morning
Front yard mechanic
Thanks Sixer for the flasher cube I replaced it and still no go … so luckily I got one locally and the silver cube next to it that clips in and all it well now. I still don’t know which one was at fault I’m not sure how to bench test these? Also the old silver flasher had 5 prongs and a jumper lead from 30 to 56 but the replacement only has 4 prong. Some day I will need an electrical lesson but my patience is limited Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
You have a high low beam relay on the left and a turn signal relay on the right

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Aug 28 2023, 09:17 AM) *

Thanks Sixer for the flasher cube I replaced it and still no go … so luckily I got one locally and the silver cube next to it that clips in and all it well now. I still don’t know which one was at fault I’m not sure how to bench test these? Also the old silver flasher had 5 prongs and a jumper lead from 30 to 56 but the replacement only has 4 prong. Some day I will need an electrical lesson but my patience is limited Click to view attachment

Front yard mechanic
Nice thx doc
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.