Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Routing air/fuel cable ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Literati914
What’s the preferred Routing of the air/fuel cable - do we like running it from the muffler, under the trunk and up thru the engine seal (to avoid some of the exhaust heat), or just going directly from the muffler under the car and engine compartment to the firewall?

My wiring harness is still out, and I can add (a portion of) the 02 cable to it, but need to figure out how long I need it to be, besides the question above.

windforfun
???

confused24.gif confused24.gif confused24.gif
TheCabinetmaker
Air/fuel cable?
Nogoodwithusernames
I would presume cable for an O2 sensor.

In my VW I ran it along with the rest of the engine harness. I don't have one in the 914, I would think it should be fine underneath the car until you can bring it up somewhere to join with some other part of the wiring harness for tidiness.

I have not had issues with my wiring that is in the hot engine bay, only problem I have had is poor quality sensors going bad every so often.
Literati914
QUOTE(TheCabinetmaker @ Aug 22 2023, 02:13 PM) *

Air/fuel cable?

lol-2.gif
Come on man, you know what I'm talkin' about! I'm not gonna insult until after I've got my lock situation in order .. then it's on! spank.gif

..the cable (for the) wideband air/fuel sensor.

yeahmag
At least with my Innovate LMO2, the connector is rather large. I created a new hole in the firewall (down by the shifter, below the cooling tin) and had a grommet to protect it. Ran it up along the center tunnel and to the device. I did cover it and the clutch cable in a protective, heat resistant sleave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.