Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about a 914 breakfast on 9/16?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Please check for major conflicts if you are interested, then indicate your interest in this thread.

Meet and greet, American food. Plan on ~9-11am. I am not planning a drive afterwards at this point, unless someone else wants organize it. 914 driving roads nearby...No 914 needed, just a love for these cars.

It needs to be clear upfront, this may not be convenient for everyone. Maybe it won't be your choice of restaurant, maybe it will conflict with your day to do yardwork or honey-doos. But maybe hanging with your 914 buds for awhile will be the perfect escape from those drudgeries. Once the specifics are set, they won't be changed. Its one of those things that if enough people are interested and available it will be organized, then just show up. No rain is forecast anytime soon...

Restaurants need to know a headcount to accommodate groups, so if you indicate you will attend please be sincere and responsible about it and show up unless something significantly unavoidable last-minute keeps you from attending.

This thread is just to understand the level of interest. Any formal announcement and arrangements will be made in a separate post later, where you will be asked to confirm your interest and commit to the breakfast once the details are released.

chowtime.gif
Cairo94507
Sounds cool Jeff; that day is currently open for me; good chance my brother and I will be able to make it. beerchug.gif
tygaboy
I'm interested. Even if I don't have a running 914...
@rmarx Bob, @markhoward Mark @buddyV Robert @Mikey63 ? @Jamesj James? @Krieger Andy?
What say you?
windforfun
Count me in.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
fiacra
I can make it, with one caveat. Any possibility of this being an outside event? If it isn't I'm probably out. Still being cautious....
sarivers2001
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 24 2023, 03:47 PM) *

Please check for major conflicts if you are interested, then indicate your interest in this thread.

Meet and greet, American food. Plan on ~9-11am. I am not planning a drive afterwards at this point, unless someone else wants organize it. 914 driving roads nearby...No 914 needed, just a love for these cars.

It needs to be clear upfront, this may not be convenient for everyone. Maybe it won't be your choice of restaurant, maybe it will conflict with your day to do yardwork or honey-doos. But maybe hanging with your 914 buds for awhile will be the perfect escape from those drudgeries. Once the specifics are set, they won't be changed. Its one of those things that if enough people are interested and available it will be organized, then just show up. No rain is forecast anytime soon...

Restaurants need to know a headcount to accommodate groups, so if you indicate you will attend please be sincere and responsible about it and show up unless something significantly unavoidable last-minute keeps you from attending.

This thread is just to understand the level of interest. Any formal announcement and arrangements will be made in a separate post later, where you will be asked to confirm your interest and commit to the breakfast once the details are released.

chowtime.gif

I’m interested!
markhoward
Interested
flat4guy
interested
Krieger
Dang! I'm at Laguna Seca that weekend
SirAndy
I should be able to make that ...
idea.gif
JamesJ
I'm interested.
MartyYeoman
Add me to the "Yes" column.
windforfun
Maybe they can provide reserved parking. You might need to bribe them. I don't like to park my 914 where I can't see it. American food? What's that? How about Primavera? Usually lots of parking.

https://primavera.me/

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
JeffBowlsby
I thought about Primavera Pete but they don’t serve breakfast and parking is very tight there.

I hope to have the location posted neat week, looks like we have strong interest and it will be great to see everyone again.
windforfun
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 25 2023, 06:03 PM) *

I thought about Prinavera Pete but they don’t serve breakfast and parking is very tight there.

I hope to have the location posted neat week, looks like we have strong interest and it will be great to see everyone again.

Good points. Hmm... Parking is tight pretty much everywhere in old downtown Danville. Maybe somewhere along 580 near auto row. The Dublin Toyota dealership has tons of empty parking & I think there might be a restaurant right across the street, west of the dealership. I'll look into it if you like.

beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
drem914
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 24 2023, 03:47 PM) *

chowtime.gif

@JeffBowlsby May I steal this idea for someplace else?
JeffBowlsby
@drem914

Please do! 914 breakfasts everywhere are fun.
windforfun
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Aug 25 2023, 06:47 PM) *

@drem914

Please do! 914 breakfasts everywhere are fun.

That's almost 1,000 breakfasts. We'll need a really really big restaurant.

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif
JeffBowlsby
Thanks for the strong interest in this event. Please hold this date on your calendars for all that are interested, I will be posting the location details soon in a separate thread to confirm attendance.
madd_dogg_914
This sounds awesome. I think I should be able to make it work that day. I've never taken the wife to a car event, she'd probably love to come as well.

Chris
rmarx
Sounds good, but I believe that is the same day as the Danville concourse.
Cairo94507
Going to have to bow out for this event. Something came up that can't be put off. Have a great time everyone.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(rmarx @ Aug 28 2023, 08:45 AM) *

Sounds good, but I believe that is the same day as the Danville concourse.

The Concours is cancelled but apparently a Tour is being organized that day, registration has not yet opened for the tour as of this posting.

https://carcollectorsclub.com/event/danvill...ours-delegance/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.