Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How about a 914 breakfast on 9/16? La/OC/Riverside So Cal CA area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
drem914
Idea taken from another post.

Please check for major conflicts if you are interested, then indicate your interest in this thread.

Meet and greet, American food. Plan on ~9-11am. I am not planning a drive afterwards at this point, unless someone else wants organize it. 914 driving roads nearby...No 914 needed, just a love for these cars.

It needs to be clear upfront, this may not be convenient for everyone. Maybe it won't be your choice of restaurant, maybe it will conflict with your day to do yardwork or honey-doos. But maybe hanging with your 914 buds for awhile will be the perfect escape from those drudgeries. Once the specifics are set, they won't be changed. Its one of those things that if enough people are interested and available it will be organized, then just show up. No rain is forecast anytime soon...

Restaurants need to know a headcount to accommodate groups, so if you indicate you will attend please be sincere and responsible about it and show up unless something significantly unavoidable last-minute keeps you from attending.

Went by on Tuesday night and they said they looked forward to seeing us on Saturday.

This thread is just to understand the level of interest. Any formal announcement and arrangements will be made in a separate post later, where you will be asked to confirm your interest and commit to the breakfast once the details are released.

Looking forward to seeing anyone that can attend.

driving.gif driving-girl.gif chowtime.gif

7:00-8:30 AM Cars and Coffee For those interested.

Enderle Center
14081 Yorba Street
Tustin, CA, 92780

A map from Enderle Center to Cook's Corner is included:

Click to view attachment

9:00 AM for breakfast
Cook's Corner
19152 Santiago Canyon Rd
Trabuco Canyon, CA 92679

A short fun drive on Live Oak Canyon Drive
Click to view attachment

914Toy
Sounds good to me.
ndfrigi
I’m In Franz!
SO.O.C914er
You’re scaring me Franz!! Sounds like your attorney wrote this up av-943.gif av-943.gif Pam and I should be in and a return to the lake could be included……let me check with my attorney lol-2.gif lol-2.gif …..Paul driving.gif
drem914
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Aug 26 2023, 09:47 PM) *

You’re scaring me Franz!! Sounds like your attorney wrote this up av-943.gif av-943.gif Pam and I should be in and a return to the lake could be included……let me check with my attorney lol-2.gif lol-2.gif …..Paul driving.gif

Simply being lazy. I took it word for word from a posting up north. With permission.

Now to figure out a destination or start point. I haven't figured it that far forward. Any suggestions?
gonzo54
Sounds like fun-I'm in
Thanks Franz
Steve
I'm in!
Thanks Franz!
Robarabian
I've penciled in the date and will await the deets!!! Would be good to see everyone.
drem914
Several choices to pick from, but in light of what happened recently in Orange County, I would like to suggest support of one of the local institutions that has been rocked by tragedy, Cook's Corner. That had a soft reopening yesterday and are trying to get back to normal operations. If this is a location that causes too much anxiety for too many, we'll pick another.

It is a short 20 min drive from those that gather at Enderle Center on Saturday mornings.
there are several drives away from there doing Santiago and places north, out to PCH or out Live Oak and over to Ortega for those coming from further away.

Respecting everyone's feedback and will finalize today.

Thanks
Robarabian
Franz,

I am good with your selection. I unfortunately the shooter many years ago in VTA in my past career. But would support them as they re-establish.

Might drive the Cayman, but you never know. It is a schlep from Ventura but you always seem to come down here no problem.

Rob

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 2 2023, 09:05 AM) *

Several choices to pick from, but in light of what happened recently in Orange County, I would like to suggest support of one of the local institutions that has been rocked by tragedy, Cook's Corner. That had a soft reopening yesterday and are trying to get back to normal operations. If this is a location that causes too much anxiety for too many, we'll pick another.

It is a short 20 min drive from those that gather at Enderle Center on Saturday mornings.
there are several drives away from there doing Santiago and places north, out to PCH or out Live Oak and over to Ortega for those coming from further away.

Thanks

Steve
Works for me!!
Steve

Thanks

We usually meet at Enderle around 7am. See you there!!
icon_bump.gif
@drem914
gonzo54

Thanks

That is a good recommendation-Looking forward to seeing everyone and the drive.
Robarabian
Somebody post what is "at Enderle" for those of us that have no idea what / where that is. Depending on where that is, I am hoping you are not suggesting I get up at 0530 am on a Saturday.... maybe 0800 better for those of us not in the OC... or, I can miss this one if I am being a little Beyoch, I don't want to ruin it for everyone. I have plenty of work to do on a 914... @drem914
ValcoOscar
My move is almost complete, finally getting my cars home.

YES....I will be there @7am with the wife.

Will feel good to get back in the saddle.

driving.gif

Oscar
LS1V8Jerry
Thanks Franz, unfortunately, I’m the on-call technician at LAX this weekend sad.gif I will be looking forward for the next one.

Drive safe my friends!
drem914
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Sep 11 2023, 09:16 PM) *

Somebody post what is "at Enderle" for those of us that have no idea what / where that is. Depending on where that is, I am hoping you are not suggesting I get up at 0530 am on a Saturday.... maybe 0800 better for those of us not in the OC... or, I can miss this one if I am being a little Beyoch, I don't want to ruin it for everyone. I have plenty of work to do on a 914... @drem914

@Robarabian There is a a standing Cars and Coffee, that is predominantly Porsche based, every Saturday at Enderle Center starting at 6:30 that runs until 9 on 17th St and the 55 Frwy in Tustin. For those that are close and usually go anyway it was an early meeting suggestion for any that were interested. 9 AM is still the target time at Cooks Corner. They open at 8 AM. I am going this evening to see to see if I can reserve a large table or two are for us.
SO.O.C914er
Meet you all in Tustin. No party boat available the lake is having a jazz festival so over booked. Count me in for the drive and cookies corner breakfast driving.gif shades.gif Paul
Robarabian
Gotcha. Thank you Franz.

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 12 2023, 10:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Sep 11 2023, 09:16 PM) *

@Robarabian There is a a standing Cars and Coffee, that is predominantly Porsche based, every Saturday at Enderle Center starting at 6:30 that runs until 9 on 17th St and the 55 Frwy in Tustin. For those that are close and usually go anyway it was an early meeting suggestion for any that were interested. 9 AM is still the target time at Cooks Corner. They open at 8 AM. I am going this evening to see to see if I can reserve a large table or two are for us.

drem914
Addresses and times updated in post #1

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.
alan9144
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 13 2023, 12:23 PM) *

I’m just down the road from Cooks corner, this is great, always great to see other 914s
infraredcalvin
Hmmm Sat plans changed, I might be able to make it to Cooks, only 10 min or so from the shop. I may be in the 930 though… rewiring gauges in the 914
914SIXXation
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 13 2023, 02:23 PM) *

Thanks so much for all of your time to organize this. I'm presently planning to attend.... would be great to see everyone!

Cheers....

Margie driving-girl.gif
drem914
icon_bump.gif - See everyone tomorrow. piratenanner.gif

See Post #1
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...366864&hl=#
for all info.
infraredcalvin
Good to put faces to the group, thank you for organizing, nice to have been so close to me. Next time I’ll bring the teener!
ndfrigi
more pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Thanks for adding the ( live oak canyon rd ) to the end Franz! One of my favorites. Always good to be out driving with da So Cal crew. driving.gif cheers Paul beer3.gif
gonzo54
QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Sep 16 2023, 02:31 PM) *

Thanks for adding the ( live oak canyon rd ) to the end Franz! One of my favorites. Always good to be out driving with da So Cal crew. driving.gif cheers Paul beer3.gif

Yes - Live Oak Canyon Road is always a blast!

Thanks Franz!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Sep 16 2023, 05:25 PM) *

QUOTE(SO.O.C914er @ Sep 16 2023, 02:31 PM) *

Yes - Live Oak Canyon Road is always a blast!

Thanks Franz!

Thanks so much Franz and Joyce for all of your time and planning for a great event. So super seeing everyone again and getting my 914-6 out for some fun. The driving routes were magical and really enjoyed the food and discussions at Cooks Corner.

All of the cars looked great and it's always such a treat to hear about them from their proud owners. I'll try to pull out some photos of my first 1973 914 1.7 and first 1970 914-6 and post sometime.

Looking forward to seeing lots of teeners at Rennsport!

And I want to extend a special heartfelt thank you for everyone's support since Paul's passing.... he's always with me in spirit...... driving-girl.gif

914Toy

Thanks for organizing Franz. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.